Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
The Finished Chip Beck Spec CB1100-PHOTOS
huxley2 Offline
1st Service Completed

Shreveport, LA
RE: The Finished Chip Beck Spec CB1100-PHOTOS
Really, really cool. Like all the mods. Upgrade, but not over the top.
11-24-2015 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
You know, Chip, I looked, I really did. I wanted to be the pr*ck who took you up on your offer to bag out some element of the bike to test the thickness of your skin; but I can't. You've done a fabulous job and it's a credit to your vision and persistence. You also deserve kudos for your generosity in sharing what you've done and how you've done it.

However, like Ferret I don't get bikes without dead bugs and like EmptySea I reckon it's far, far too clean. Ride4Now, who has the cleanest motorcycle I've ever seen, had better look to his laurels.

Well done.
11-25-2015 04:21 AM
noroomtomove Offline
Running Like a Top

Australia Victoria
Looks nice and it's cool you get pleasure in personalising your ride, thanks for sharing your modification journey.
11-25-2015 04:35 AM
ChipBeck Offline
High Mileage

Scottsdale, Arizona
(11-25-2015 04:21 AM)Cormanus Wrote:  .......like Ferret I don't get bikes without dead bugs and like EmptySea I reckon it's far, far too clean. Ride4Now, who has the cleanest motorcycle I've ever seen, had better look to his laurels.

Well done.

Cormanus,

Although my CB11 has exterminated it's share of insects and was sporting a nice collection just an hour before I took those photos, I never let them become a perminant mod. Entomology isn't one of my hobbies so I wash them off on a regular basis. The same day I put this thread up I rode my CB11 just over 150 miles from Scottsdale to Payson, Arizona and back.

I hose my bikes down with a spray nozzle, wipe everything with a sheepskin mit dunked in a bucket of soapy water, hose it again, and then dry it with a soft towel. Start to finish in less than 30 min. Washing my bikes gives me a chance to inspect everything as well. A clean bike is a happy bike and it's also more visually appealing. So it may be bug crusted when I return from a ride but I don't leave it that way for long. Cheers.

Chip

The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.
11-25-2015 08:53 AM
Elipten Offline
Road Warrior

San Antonio, TX
The Finished Chip Beck Spec CB1100-PHOTOS
"A clean bike is a happy bike". I love it.

2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT

Current inventory

2014 CB1100 DLX
1990 BMW K75RT
11-25-2015 10:13 AM
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
Beautiful bike.

2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
11-25-2015 12:33 PM
huxley2 Offline
1st Service Completed

Shreveport, LA
The thing that consistently bothers me the most are the discolored header pipes. In my old school brain, they should be shiny.

Thus I read with great interest the jet hot coating. I've been to their website, and very interested in that. Will just be a major improvement to me.
11-26-2015 09:17 AM
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
Sorry, Chip. I just don't like it. Try as I might, I just can't bring myself to say that I do. I love it. Your modifications are tastefully done, functional and truly compliment what this bike is all about. Thanks for taking the time and putting forth the effort to document and share all that you've done. We're lucky to have you as one of our CB brethren.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
11-26-2015 11:23 AM
ChipBeck Offline
High Mileage

Scottsdale, Arizona
(11-23-2015 09:13 AM)EGAlvarez Wrote:  It really does look nice! IMHO, the only things I would have done differently would have been to paint the Road Comet fairing in red to match the fuel tank and to add one of those nifty billet oil filler caps.

EG,

My initial intention was to order my Road Comet 1 fairing in red to match the tank. I was going to install red side covers as well. Then I saw another member here post a photo of his CB11 wearing a silver Road Comet with no stripes on it that matched the silver side covers which also have no stripes. I really liked that look as the red tank has a silver stripe on it that ties it together so I duplicated his silver faring. I think the faring looks great in red but I like the silver slightly better. I actually have two Road Comet 1 fairings and two sets of side covers. My other side covers and fairing are black with no stripes and I think that combo will look great with the blood red tank too although I haven't put them on to look at it yet. Cheers bro.

Chip

The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.
11-26-2015 11:42 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
Chip,

I have to thank you for all of the great contributions you've made to this forum documenting the work you've done on your CB (which looks wonderful). I myself have been tempted by the black side covers on more than one occasion as I really like the way they look on the bike. In the end, I find that from a visual standpoint the silver side covers boldly say "CB1100" about as much as any other element on the bike. And so they stay. I do love the way that the silver fairing compliments that particular design element.

Bill

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
11-27-2015 09:26 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition