RE: Decided on the Staintune
That looks and sounds real nice.
07-14-2013 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
Thanks all. I'm hoping to capture some video of the bike, with the exhaust, out on the backroads sometime in the not too distant future.

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
07-14-2013 10:13 PM
CB_Rider Offline
New To The Forum

orange county, ca
(07-14-2013 12:48 AM)Guth Wrote:  I too have now fallen victim to the attraction of the Staintune slip-on exhaust. I was torn between the slip-on exhausts available from Moriwaki, Mugen and Staintune. I really liked the looks of the Mugen unit but so far, here in the States at least, these simply can not be acquired. I also really liked the looks of the Moriwaki unit and almost decided to go this route. But when it came right down to it, from all of the videos that I've been able to find, I liked the sound of the Staintune unit the best. Happily, I find that the Staintune looks better in person to my eye than in some of the photos I've seen. After installing mine, I could tell that Staintune worked very hard to achieve a good visual fit for the bike from a design standpoint.

I've only spent time in a few of the area's motorcycle dealerships over the past few years, but one Triumph dealership in particular (Cascade Moto Classics) struck me as a really good bunch of folks. So when I learned that they were also the local Staintune dealer, I couldn't resist giving them a call. I had the exhaust installed on my CB1100 within a week of making the phone call. Lucky timing on my part I believe.

Others have posted up their experiences with this exhaust and mine were no different — the Staintune slip-on is truly a quality item that was very easy to install. With a good number of photos posted already, I worked to try and get some decent audio/video.

I have a small digital field recorder that I normally use to record my guitar music and wanted to use it to capture the tone of the Staintune exhaust. I couldn't get too carried away as houses in our neighborhood are bunched up fairly closely and I try not to cause my neighbors too many headaches with my bikes. I've never tried combining/synchronizing an audio track with a video track before and spent a fair amount of time on this. Not sure if it was worth it, but I learned a few things at least. Here are the results:

I also shot some quick video with my GoPro cam while running errands today. I didn't have any long stretches around town where I could really wind the bike out (and honestly, I'm usually short shifting the CB most of the time anyway) but this clip kinda gives you the general idea:

All in all, my gas mileage is probably going to suffer somewhat until I've grown accustomed to the new soundtrack. I'm sure that I'll eventually mellow out once again when I get over the thrill of the snarl. Until that time comes, I'm really going to enjoy working the bike over a bit more with the Staintune installed. Big Grin

All the best,
Guth

Did you notice a 7hp gain?
07-17-2013 07:13 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
(07-17-2013 07:13 PM)CB_Rider Wrote:  Did you notice a 7hp gain?

Sadly, I've been under the weather this week and only put just a few miles on the CB post-Staintune before parking the bike for the past few days. I'll post an update after spending more time on the bike.

07-19-2013 12:49 AM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
Which part#?
On the Staintune website, they mention a muffler and exhaust.

Are they really the same
Is this the part # everyone has ordered so far?
Part Number: HO MS CB 11F
http://www.staintune.com.au/exhausts/hon...ose_Up.htm
07-20-2013 01:21 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
Yes, HO MS CB 11F is the correct part number for the slip-on unit (which I believe is Staintune's only offering for the CB1100).

07-20-2013 01:58 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Milestone Thread (Take 2)
Go Django! Interesting it doesn’t sa . . .Django — 11:40 PM