Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tthey are talking about the concept again
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
RE: Tthey are talking about the concept again
My two cents...

I think that many people forget that the CB1100 was not developed with the preferences of the North American market in mind. There is no telling if Honda has any intentions of bringing the CB1100 back to North America in the form of this concept let alone any hopes of bringing new groups of buyers on board from this market.

In my opinion, looks are primarily what the CB1100 has been about — as opposed to raw performance. When it came to the spirit of the original CB1100, I really liked the fact that Honda decided to create something unique yet familiar (as opposed to just visually cloning a CB750). This new concept seems to keep some of that original design spirit alive which I can appreciate.

I'm not as drawn to the design of this CB1100 concept as I was to the original design but I can appreciate it just the same. Just as a number of guys were drawn to the DLX, I'm guessing that there will be others who would similarly be drawn to this new twist on the CB1100 that might not have been attracted enough to the original design to make a purchase. Now there might be plenty of others who would be drawn to a similar bike with greater performance figures, but that's another story altogether. Still, it's nice to see that Honda is still investing time and effort in this model, regardless of whether it reaches markets outside of Japan.

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
01-02-2016 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jrns Offline
Running Like a Top

Nova Scotia, Canada
[quote='Guth' pid='117709' dateline='1451800841']
My two cents...

In my opinion, looks are primarily what the CB1100 has been about — as opposed to raw performance. When it came to the spirit of the original CB1100, I really liked the fact that Honda decided to create something unique yet familiar (as opposed to just visually cloning a CB750). This new concept seems to keep some of that original design spirit alive which I can appreciate.

Hi Guth, I feel you have hit the bullseye above.
something unique , yet familiar - could be why many of us feel the need to add mods ... our little touches here and there personalize the bike - but its still a cb11.
even these new prototypes are basically the cb11 w/ mods...
I agree w/ you tho- the new cb11 is not likely destined for NA.
thankfully we have MrT tho if any of us want to attain that "newer" look.. Wink
01-03-2016 05:00 AM
quietguy Offline
Running Like a Top

TX
Regardless of performance, engineering, the looks of this or that, the CB1100 ... SPOKE to me, period.

Not any one thing or curve or part, the WHOLE. The bike took me [back] to happier times, reminded me of emotions, moments here and there.

I went out yesterday morning to lube the chain, when I opened the doors to the storage building I stopped for a moment and just looked at this machine... and simply smiled.

The darn thing touches me ...

But hey, I'm geriatric so I got an excuse! Tongue
01-03-2016 06:06 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Mr. P: Sounds like another situation th . . .GoldOxide — 05:42 AM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition