Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modular Helmet...
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
RE: Modular Helmet...
I had the HJC modular with internal sun screen. It's a very nice helmet but a bit noisy.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
01-12-2016 05:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
When looking for a modular the most important thing for me is fit and comfort. I cannot wear the HJC because of my head shape. I have a Nolan and it's a bit heavier than some other modulars but it fits great and is comfortable for me even on long rides.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
01-12-2016 06:07 AM
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
(01-12-2016 06:07 AM)redbirds Wrote:  When looking for a modular the most important thing for me is fit and comfort. I cannot wear the HJC because of my head shape. I have a Nolan and it's a bit heavier than some other modulars but it fits great and is comfortable for me even on long rides.

Steve, was your HJC tight on the forehead ? My HJC is too tight in the forehead after a hour or so. I have a Vega Summit II modular that fits perfect, but you get what you pay for with Vega. The shield came off while riding one day, not pleased with that. I'm having a hard time finding stores around here that sell helmets besides HJC. I found a store in CT last w/e that had Shoei and Arai. The Shoei fit me like the HJC and the Arai fit well, but they don't make modular or drop down interior visor. I'm interested in how your Nolan fits.

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
01-12-2016 06:24 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
That's true redbirds. Fit and comfort are the key. My son has a Bell head/Shoei head. I have an HJC head.

We all went up to Iron Pony not too long ago. A mc superstore located in Cols Ohio with an acc dept the size of your average Walmart store. 20 brands of helmets. Thousands of helmets. We tried helmets on for hours lol. Arai, Agv, Shoei, Bell, Shark, HJC, Schuberth, Biltwell, Gmax, Kbc, Nolan, Z1R etc etc. For me the HJC was always the most comfortable. None one of us could stand the fit of the most expensive helmets they had, the Schuberths. We expected them to be luxurious considering the price. But 15 seconds inside the helmet for each of us was too much. I ended up with the HJC Cl Max 2, my son ended up with a Shoei Neotech, and my brother ended up with a Shoei Qwest.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 06:25 AM by The ferret.)
01-12-2016 06:24 AM
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
Just Googled Iron Pony hoping they might have a store further East, very impressive store !

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
01-12-2016 06:42 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
They are a multi line motorcycle dealer as well..Indian, Ducati, Yamaha, not sure what else. Sat on a Ducati Scrambler, and an Indian Scout last time I was there. Glad I bought a CB1100.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
01-12-2016 06:50 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
I have an HJC head too and have been wearing various HJC models for many years.
I currently have an open face IS 33 and a flip-up IS Max.
Like ferret, the more expensive helmets don't fit me well either so I stick with what works and something I can wear all day in comfort.

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
01-12-2016 06:56 AM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
(01-12-2016 06:24 AM)Chapomis Wrote:  Steve, was your HJC tight on the forehead ? My HJC is too tight in the forehead after a hour or so. I have a Vega Summit II modular that fits perfect, but you get what you pay for with Vega. The shield came off while riding one day, not pleased with that. I'm having a hard time finding stores around here that sell helmets besides HJC. I found a store in CT last w/e that had Shoei and Arai. The Shoei fit me like the HJC and the Arai fit well, but they don't make modular or drop down interior visor. I'm interested in how your Nolan fits.

That's it Alan, tight on my forehead with the HJC. The Nolan fits me like a glove with no tight spots. I special ordered my last Nolan from a local dealer who does not carry Nolan in his regular stock. I bargained with him and paid the best internet site price I had found.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
01-12-2016 02:10 PM
quietguy Offline
Running Like a Top

TX
(01-12-2016 04:05 AM)The ferret Wrote:  I will walk into a store with the face shield raied on either without taking my helmet off to use a restroom.

I'm guessing extra care must be given during tinkle time with the bar down on that modular... otherwise, wet boots. Tongue
01-12-2016 04:08 PM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
My first summer with the CB, I ordered a Shoei Full, 3/4 and Modular, ended up putting the modular on ebay, figured if I was in a wreck, I wanted the real deal. Face is as important as the head.
01-12-2016 05:59 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 . . .misterprofessionality — 04:31 AM
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 mod . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM