Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beverage Containers, Holders, and Carriers
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
RE: Beverage Containers, Holders, and Carriers
Nice device !

FYI - I noticed in the video the Ram phone holder you have. I think I have the same one to hold my 6+. It felt pretty secure till my phone dropped out of it at 40mph last summer. I didn't even see it fall. Luckily my son was behind me and was able to stop and pick the phone up. If it gets used again I will definitely add a tether.

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016 12:01 PM by Chapomis.)
01-18-2016 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
This is exactly why I created this thread...so many different variations on what might seem like a basic theme.

I have a full-face helmet and I'm not particularly interested in a modular, so I've been looking at Camelbak systems or at lest the tube and "bite end" so that I can drink water without stopping. However, I do enjoy bringing a hot beverage (usually coffee, but sometimes tee) along on a ride, particularly morning rides. I don't want to suck those through a straw and I don't want them spilling in my bag, either. I have a very cool and very rugged Stanley commuter cup that keeps things warm or cold for a loooooong time. I just worry that it might leak. I've tested it a little and I think it's OK, but I'd feel more comfortable if it was held upright. I'm thinking about some sort of mounting bracket that I could clamp to the grab rail so that my beverage would be there waiting for me when I dismounted.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
01-18-2016 12:26 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Sea, put your thermos in a 1 gallon zip lock storage or freezer bag for a few rides, If it does leak it will only leak into that bag. If it doesn't leak you no longer need the bag.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
01-18-2016 12:41 PM
the_undecider Offline
Running Like a Top

Texas
(01-18-2016 12:26 PM)EmptySea Wrote:  This is exactly why I created this thread...so many different variations on what might seem like a basic theme.

I have a full-face helmet and I'm not particularly interested in a modular, so I've been looking at Camelbak systems or at lest the tube and "bite end" so that I can drink water without stopping. However, I do enjoy bringing a hot beverage (usually coffee, but sometimes tee) along on a ride, particularly morning rides. I don't want to suck those through a straw and I don't want them spilling in my bag, either. I have a very cool and very rugged Stanley commuter cup that keeps things warm or cold for a loooooong time. I just worry that it might leak. I've tested it a little and I think it's OK, but I'd feel more comfortable if it was held upright. I'm thinking about some sort of mounting bracket that I could clamp to the grab rail so that my beverage would be there waiting for me when I dismounted.

MTC, if you run a tank bag, you can put a hydration pack reservoir and run the hose out of the bag and figure out a way to clip the bite valve somewhere in easy reach.

2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Honda CRF450L
2019 Yamaha Tracer GT
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
01-18-2016 01:05 PM
4 Paws Offline
High Mileage

MM 199 on BRP (Fancy Gap VA)
Have a cup holder mounted to the handlebars of my other bike. Before heading out I grab a water bottle from the fridge pop it into a coozie and go.
In hot weather I keep several bottles in the freezer and top off with some tap water before heading out. Snacks in a pocket or the sidecar. Have a wicker picnic basket I put on the rear luggage rack with a blanket for when we go all out picnic. Carry a 1 liter stainless water bottle and dish for the dogs when riding.
On the CB I end up putting the water bottle in either a tank or tail bag. For day trips I breakout my lunch box, pack a sandwich and choose my drink - prefer lemonade.
Have various bottles and thermos, end up going back consistently to the "square" plastic bottles because they are durable.

When I worked I commuted with a big thermos of coffee but never drank any while riding.

Best thing I learned from my dog: “Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride". Dan D.
01-19-2016 02:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pete Erickson Away
1st Service Completed

Vancouver, WA
(01-17-2016 01:14 PM)EmptySea Wrote:  I would be interested in knowing what types of containers riders use for their beverages

I use any gas station/convenience store. Just about any beverage I want I can get at those stores. Don't have to worry about keeping it hot or cold. Had to stop for gas anyway.

Did you know that they have jerky there too?
01-19-2016 03:59 PM
GoldOxide Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Southern Ontario, Canada
(01-18-2016 11:40 AM)the_undecider Wrote:  ... On my V-strom, I have a bottle holder mounted to the left side engine crash bar. The bottle has a flip up drinking spout with a straw inside, so I can drink without tilting my head back. Going down the road, it's easy to flip open my modular helmet, grab the bottle, and take a sip. It's just forward of my knee, so any easy reach. If you go to the 9:20 mark of my V-strom video, you can see my bottle mount:

Neat mounting solution. Like.

As for me, I just dump a water-safe plastic or stainless steel container or two in the rear top box and go. Really that simple. It is usually nestled among other jazz, so it doesn't rattle around. Temperature doesn't matter - hydration does. If I want something nice, I will buy on-the-go or in a sit down restaurant as a treat. This is part of the journey's experience.

>>> Spring is an extension to the riding season. ¯\(ツ)/¯ <<<
02-01-2019 09:00 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Brake Pads... Simplified
I bought all my pads from my Honda deale . . .peterbaron — 12:21 AM
Brake Pads... Simplified
i think those come from the same fac . . .Yata-Garasu — 10:28 PM