Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
who is in Maggie Valley?
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: who is in Maggie Valley?
Just rolled in about 45 minutes ago. Great trip. 7 states, 1565 miles, 5 days. Bike ran like a dream....the last 6 1/2 hours/371 miles at 70 plus mph only stopping for gas and a small Wendy's Chicken Berry salad 50 miles from home. Never even needed a chain adjustment although I did lube it once. Really nice motorcycle.

I went with a buddy who rode his wife's 1200 custom Harley which he has altered with smaller diameter front wheel, mid pegs and longer rear shocks so it sits very " standard motorcycle like". We switched for awhile one day, and when I pried the CB back out from under him he said the only thing the two bikes had in common were they were both motorcycles. The Honda was superior in every way except driver footpeg placement, and his seat was better he said. His mid pegs WERE just right, compared to our up and back pegs. His seat felt like a Corbin to me, really hard. No biggie. The rest of the CB more than makes up for those. plus its better looking!

My CB has over 4000 miles on it now. Thinking about taking it down to West Virginia to run some crooked roads in Sept with my son on his FZ, my sons FIL on an ST 1300, and my younger brother on his FZ.Should be a hoot!

Ill do a proper ride report with pics when I get a chance over the next few days. Guth. How can I post more than 10 pics?

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
07-19-2013 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gcarper Offline
1st Service Completed

Gaffney SC USA
(07-19-2013 10:20 AM)The ferret Wrote:  Just rolled in about 45 minutes ago. Great trip. 7 states, 1565 miles, 5 days. Bike ran like a dream....the last 6 1/2 hours/371 miles at 70 plus mph only stopping for gas and a small Wendy's Chicken Berry salad 50 miles from home. Never even needed a chain adjustment although I did lube it once. Really nice motorcycle.

I went with a buddy who rode his wife's 1200 custom Harley which he has altered with smaller diameter front wheel, mid pegs and longer rear shocks so it sits very " standard motorcycle like". We switched for awhile one day, and when I pried the CB back out from under him he said the only thing the two bikes had in common were they were both motorcycles. The Honda was superior in every way except driver footpeg placement, and his seat was better he said. His mid pegs WERE just right, compared to our up and back pegs. His seat felt like a Corbin to me, really hard. No biggie. The rest of the CB more than makes up for those. plus its better looking!

My CB has over 4000 miles on it now. Thinking about taking it down to West Virginia to run some crooked roads in Sept with my son on his FZ, my sons FIL on an ST 1300, and my younger brother on his FZ.Should be a hoot!

Ill do a proper ride report with pics when I get a chance over the next few days. Guth. How can I post more than 10 pics?

Hey Ferret, sorry we couldn't connect at Wheels thru Time. I was over in that area Tues visiting friends from Florida. Drove the car over and a coil went out on #1 cyl. lucky for me a shop had one, I dreaded driving back to Gaffney on 5 cyls. I'm at 5k miles on my CB and the chain has not needed an adjustment yet. keep checking and thinking it's gotta need one "now". By the way mine and wife's home city is Lancaster OH. and let me know about your WV trip. Was up there last fall on my FZ1 and had a disagreement with a guard rail.
07-19-2013 05:11 PM
kvdreamer Offline
Break-In Period

Acworth GA
You have me beat on miles & number of states Ferret! I just got home from my 5 day 4 state trip of 1026 miles. My CB has just under 2k miles. Abot 80% of my ride was on twisty roads and I rode 7-10 hours per day. What a fun riding vacation this was... while I was rained on a few times I decided not to bother with rain gear and intead enjoyed the "air conditioning." In the higher elevations of NC & GA it was blessedly cool which is such a terrific change from my more normal hazy, hot & humid weather at home. Big grins for my first long trip on the CB. Tomorrow comes a good bike washing, chain clean & lube and a look at the map to decide where to ride next.
KV
07-19-2013 06:31 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
You know we should probably plan a rally in Maggie Valley. Sounds like Half the forum already goes there lol.

GCarper..motorcycles and guardrails don't mix. Thought you knew that lol. I have some great routes la id out in W VA. We went down and rode them 2 years ago. Had a great time.

Kath..sounds like you had an outstanding trip. We only got rained on once for about 30 mins, but it was a soaker. Of course I had left my rain gear at the motel because it was o nice out when we left.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
07-19-2013 06:42 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM