Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CB1100EX Whitehouse K10 in Gold
beardyweirdy@me.com Offline
Running Like a Top

London
RE: CB1100EX Whitehouse K10 in Gold
I think I'll keep the Std. parts. That way I have the option to ret. the bike to Std. if I do sell and then keep all the custom prts if I decide to get another CB1100 in the future...

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.
Sorry Ferret, I get it.... it takes me a while sometimes. I'm not as quick as the bikes I ride ;-)
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 10:36 AM by beardyweirdy@me.com.)
02-20-2016 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Riko Offline
High Mileage

Belgium
(02-19-2016 05:47 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  I took some pics the other night to sell the bike.... then after chatting to a guy while I was snapping, decided to keep it!

So, thought I'd share the pics any how.

(01-25-2016 04:26 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  I love the CB1100. If I can't sell the custom bits I'll keep them for the future, I'm sure I'll be back on one sometime soon. It's just that I have a very short attention span.... ;-)

Daang, the ease and impulsivity people can have to sell their most precious thing as a bike astonishes me every time.

Makes me think about 'rich folks' in Monaco or Dubai that have to change their car evey year for the latest model.
Its not serious and in my eyes they have no appreciation for a fine product.
And on the other hand you got hard working people who work themselves to death their whole life to own that one special thing they've always dreamed about. Smile

Financial problems aside, I really just can't understand this disposable mentality.

I literally know people that would go crazy for a bike like that.
I even know people that know people that would go crazy for our bikes, especially one as nice as yours...Thumbs Up
At least here in Belgium...

(01-22-2016 06:51 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  Cormanus, as for why, well I test road an Africa Twin last week and I really liked it. It was a lot of fun on the back roads. I quite fancy getting on some dirt tracks as well. I also ride two up quite a bit and need to do a fair bit of motorway riding. So I think it will just suit me better. I'm always chopping and changing. I love the cb tho and think there will be another one in the future....

A wise decision is to keep this bike since you clearly still love it and just save up for an Africa Twin down the road...whenever that may be.
If you can't have both, you have to chose...thats how it usually goes, unless you are a resident of Dubai or Monaco Smile

If you would sell the cb just to get the africa twin and plan to buy another cb later, it would cost you more money and it would be a waste of all the time and efforts you already put in your cb...but I think you got that by now Smile

Don't sell it, these bikes are keepers.

I love sport tourings, they have a lot of power and they offer the best wind protection.
I liked my big scooter too for the same practical reasons.
But in the end I chose for this CB as my definitive bike, because its just cool, usable, universal if you may...

I still want a sport touring.
But not in a million years will I sell my CB for one...I will just have to save and wait to buy one Smile

If I sell a CB for a sports touring, I know I will miss the cb and regret i sold it no matter how good the sports touring will be.
By now I have the feeling you realised just that with your CB - Africa Twin dilemma Wink
So what made you keep the bike eventually? The same reasons I said?

[align=center][b]CB[color=#FFD700]1100[/color][color=#FF0000]EX[/color][/b]
Cool spoked wheels Cool

Follow [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7489][i]The Belgian Build[/i][/url][/align]
02-20-2016 12:53 PM
Running Like a Top

London
Hi Riko, Don't worry about it... there's no dilemma, no stress. Just bikes come and go, that's the way it is. Their fun things to do stuff on and ride. Money, Bikes, work, people, opinions... it all changes, and I like that. I'll keep it as long as I can, have some fun and move on sometime, no doubt, just not yet.
02-20-2016 03:39 PM
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
The only guarantee in life is change

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
02-20-2016 04:30 PM
noroomtomove Offline
Running Like a Top

Australia Victoria
Great job, with the arrival of better weather it will be good to see that beautiful bike on the road.

Hope to see some posts at Seat time.

Regards
02-20-2016 05:54 PM
Running Like a Top

London
Well my new Africa Twin is delayed till end April so looks like there will be a bit more seat time yet... looks like she's just won herself a trip to Brittany at the end of March. I'll post some pics from that run.
02-22-2016 06:58 AM
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
(02-20-2016 12:53 PM)Riko Wrote:  
(02-19-2016 05:47 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  I took some pics the other night to sell the bike.... then after chatting to a guy while I was snapping, decided to keep it!

So, thought I'd share the pics any how.

(01-25-2016 04:26 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  I love the CB1100. If I can't sell the custom bits I'll keep them for the future, I'm sure I'll be back on one sometime soon. It's just that I have a very short attention span.... ;-)

Daang, the ease and impulsivity people can have to sell their most precious thing as a bike astonishes me every time.

Makes me think about 'rich folks' in Monaco or Dubai that have to change their car evey year for the latest model.
Its not serious and in my eyes they have no appreciation for a fine product.
And on the other hand you got hard working people who work themselves to death their whole life to own that one special thing they've always dreamed about. Smile

Financial problems aside, I really just can't understand this disposable mentality.

I literally know people that would go crazy for a bike like that.
I even know people that know people that would go crazy for our bikes, especially one as nice as yours...Thumbs Up
At least here in Belgium...

(01-22-2016 06:51 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  Cormanus, as for why, well I test road an Africa Twin last week and I really liked it. It was a lot of fun on the back roads. I quite fancy getting on some dirt tracks as well. I also ride two up quite a bit and need to do a fair bit of motorway riding. So I think it will just suit me better. I'm always chopping and changing. I love the cb tho and think there will be another one in the future....

A wise decision is to keep this bike since you clearly still love it and just save up for an Africa Twin down the road...whenever that may be.
If you can't have both, you have to chose...thats how it usually goes, unless you are a resident of Dubai or Monaco Smile

If you would sell the cb just to get the africa twin and plan to buy another cb later, it would cost you more money and it would be a waste of all the time and efforts you already put in your cb...but I think you got that by now Smile

Don't sell it, these bikes are keepers.

I love sport tourings, they have a lot of power and they offer the best wind protection.
I liked my big scooter too for the same practical reasons.
But in the end I chose for this CB as my definitive bike, because its just cool, usable, universal if you may...

I still want a sport touring.
But not in a million years will I sell my CB for one...I will just have to save and wait to buy one Smile

If I sell a CB for a sports touring, I know I will miss the cb and regret i sold it no matter how good the sports touring will be.
By now I have the feeling you realised just that with your CB - Africa Twin dilemma Wink
So what made you keep the bike eventually? The same reasons I said?

Very well put. I love sport touring motorcycles and would like to have either a ST1300 or a BMW R1200RT besides my CB1100. I cannot really do both so I don't think I would ever sell my CB for one of those and I really don't ride long distance but there are days it would be nice to have more weather protection. I guess I could always do a Parabellum fairing. Back to the point your bike is beautiful and glad to hear you are keeping it. Have a great day.

2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2016 10:38 AM by drodg58.)
02-22-2016 10:35 AM
Papa Weeley Offline
High Mileage

SoCal
Wow, that's just stunning. The gold really pops with the sun on it - I'd love to see more from that angle!
Glad you decided to hold on to her, she's a definite keeper.

[color=#FFA500][i][color=#32CD32][color=#00BFFF]Ham and eggs - a day's work for a chicken, a life-altering experience for a pig.[/color][/color][/i][/color]
2013 CB1100 #056, with too danged many mods to list.
2015 Honda CB500x
02-25-2016 10:49 AM
Grinton Offline
1st Service Completed

Padova - Italy
Heart

my preferred
02-28-2016 01:56 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
This explains why I liked the T32s then. . . .misterprofessionality — 08:52 AM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Rode the Yami over to a friends bike sho . . .Charlie Bravo — 08:29 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974
» Forum posts: 329,751

Full Statistics

>