Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Belstaff Waxed Cotton Jacket
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Belstaff Waxed Cotton Jacket
(03-23-2016 11:22 AM)drodg58 Wrote:  I want to ask has anyone gone down with one on and how did it survive but I kinda don't want to ask!

See this earlier post. http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....#pid128029
03-23-2016 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
RE: Belstaff Waxed Cotton Jacket
(03-23-2016 12:06 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  
(03-23-2016 11:22 AM)drodg58 Wrote:  I want to ask has anyone gone down with one on and how did it survive but I kinda don't want to ask!

See this earlier post. http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....#pid128029

Oh yeah I did read that. Thanks. I want to start a poll asking the average time it took for all of us to buy a Motorcycle Jacket. LOL

2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
03-23-2016 06:44 PM
MrTim Offline
1st Service Completed

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I have a story about a Belstaff jacket that I never got to wear.
I purchased this jacket http://www.motolegends.com/jackets/belst...brown.html and had it shipped to Australia. Before I made the purchase there was a decent amount of emailing back and forth to Motolegends regarding return policy, my concern was the sizing as I had heard that Belstaff sizing is all over the place. I eventually bought the jacket and eagerly watched the parcel tracking as it got closer to my location in Melbourne, the only hiccup was having to pay import tax to DHL when it landed in Australia. I came home from a friends house one day and checked the tracking progress, it read: "Attempted delivery, package left at front door", as I lived in a block of flats with a front door not only shared by everyone in the building but also overlooked by the neighbouring block of flats and in plain view of a busy street I was bewildered that any delivery man would leave a package where it will clearly be stolen, it obviously wasn't there when I arrived.
I rang DHL and explained what had happened and asked if they normally leave packages in plain view of the public. After being treated like a child by the rudest customer service I've ever dealt with ("Are you sure you've checked your front door?") I had an "investigation" started, this would only take 3-14 working days, not including the day that I rang. On the 15th working day I rang DHL (they had not contacted me at all) and managed to get through to a manager, he told me that within the next three days the driver who "delivered" my package will drive through my street and confirm where he dropped it off, why this hadn't been done within the past 14 working days was beyond me. I eventually did hear back from that manager and it turns out that the driver accidentally dropped it off on the front door of another house on my street, it took another 3 days of DHL trying to contact whoever lived in that house but it turns out they must've been happy with their free Belstaff jacket so they never got back to DHL. At the end of this month long process DHL decided to pay me back the tax I paid to them for a package I didn't receive as a sign of "good faith".
Now I had to get my money back from Motolegends.
Fortunately I paid through Paypal and marked that particular payment as "product not received", this begins a process where for a fortnight the buyer and the seller communicate between themselves on a Paypal message system to try and resolve the situation amicably. I explained in great detail what had transpired with DHL, I attached emails from DHL proving that what I said was true and that I did not receive the package. Motolegends responded once, through email so that it would not be read by Paypal, telling me that the product was mistakenly delivered to a particular address on my street and even named somebody who lived at that address. I responded to them via the Paypal message system and attached the email they sent so that Paypal would be aware that Motolegends were suggesting that I go to a strangers house and demand my jacket personally. I received no reply from Motolegends until the day before the "claim" would be escalated to a "dispute", at which point Paypal can arbitrate that one party should pay the other. At this point I was refunded the cost of the jacket and shipping by Motolegends.
The only silver lining was that the whole process took so long that from the time that I purchased the jacket to the time that I received the refund the Aussie dollar had dropped significantly. I paid via Paypal in pounds so Motolegends refunded me the product price in pounds, which had effectively gone up in value versus the Aussie dollar so I did receive a little bit of free money.

I like my motorcycles how I like my women: large, black and naked.
03-30-2016 04:13 PM
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
Very interesting story. So did you ever get another Belstaff Jacket?

2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
03-30-2016 04:35 PM
MrTim Offline
1st Service Completed

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
(03-30-2016 04:35 PM)drodg58 Wrote:  Very interesting story. So did you ever get another Belstaff Jacket?

Sadly I can't find anywhere in Australia that sells Belstaff motorcycle gear, hence why I purchased online from an English shop. As you can imagine the above story left a pretty sour taste in my mouth for buying jackets online so I haven't bought another.
I might holiday to Europe later this year, if I do then I'll definitely pick myself one from a shop.

I like my motorcycles how I like my women: large, black and naked.
03-30-2016 07:48 PM
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
I don't get why DHL didn't pay for the jacket, Motolegends didn't lose it.

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
03-31-2016 03:14 AM
kmoney Offline
High Mileage

Vancouver, BC
(03-31-2016 03:14 AM)Chapomis Wrote:  I don't get why DHL didn't pay for the jacket, Motolegends didn't lose it.
ML may still go after DHL to refund what they paid back. The shipper has more recourse than the recipient against DHL, as they are the one who actually paid for the service. They just gave him his money back because they would have lost the PayPal claim anyway once it hit the time limit for resolution (PP are notorious for always siding with buyers) as all that matters to PP is that the package didn't arrive, why, they don't really care.

PayPal is pretty horrible for this and I've had to deal with this a number of times with my eBay store.
03-31-2016 10:30 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Looking back at your offer, that is very . . .Gone in 60 — 11:59 AM
The same bike not even broken in with . . .m in sc — 11:53 AM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
Chilly but sunny day and another 87 mile . . .peterbaron — 11:51 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
:clap:peterbaron — 11:50 AM
The same bike not even broken in with 1, . . .Ollie — 11:46 AM
CRISIS During the time that the Triumph . . .misterprofessionality — 11:25 AM
Nah, just routine - catch, flip on back . . .Gone in 60 — 10:13 AM
Did you administer your cats a sleeping . . .peterbaron — 10:04 AM

[-]