Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
CB1100 Idle speed instability problem
Magnus Offline
Break-In Period

San Diego, CA
RE: CB1100 Idle speed instability problem
Carbon build up around IACV? So I replaced my IACV about six months ago and I still had my high idle issue for several months after. Then I finally went on a really hard 200 mile ride in warm weather through the mountains. Afterwards no more high idle. Others have reported a good long hard ride fixing their idle problem as well.

Maybe the long ride is burning off carbon deposits around the IACV that might be causing it to stick?
11-07-2017 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dave Offline
Running Like a Top

San Diego, ca
The WFO run cured my bike of its high / low-stalling issue, but only temporarily. It's had been running good for over 1,000 miles. Put about 250 miles on it last Sunday. Had the throttle wide open a few times out on the desert roads where I made some passes, but never ran it to redline. Bike ran perfect all day. Ran it about 80 mph average on the freeway the last 25 miles, and when I pulled off the freeway and stopped at the intersection it stalled. Restarted it, and the idle issue was just as everybody else has described - 500 RPM, then slowly creeping up. Stopped at the next light and was back to 500 RPM idle, but I twisted the throttle to keep it from stalling. Came to the next light (just a few hundred yards), and it stalled. Pulled into my driveway about 1/2 mile later and I shut it off as soon as I saw it was going to do the same, 500 RPM idle again. Put the bike away and forgot about it - I'm sure it will idle fine the next time I ride it.

Am I the only owner in America who has contacted the Honda Factory directly to discuss this situation? I posted a name and phone number at Honda somewhere on this thread if anyone is interested. Honda is not going to do anything unless we make some noise, and the more of us contacting them then better the chance that they will do something.
11-14-2017 06:24 PM
pdedse Offline
Running Like a Top

Oregon
(11-14-2017 06:24 PM)Dave Wrote:  ..
Am I the only owner in America who has contacted the Honda Factory directly to discuss this situation? I posted a name and phone number at Honda somewhere on this thread if anyone is interested. Honda is not going to do anything unless we make some noise, and the more of us contacting them then better the chance that they will do something.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I have my letter all written up detailing everything, just haven't sent it in yet. I'll look for the address. And then I'll call as well; hopefully this Thursday morning.
11-14-2017 11:57 PM

[-]
Recent Posts
Motus
When a 2014 CB1100 can be had for under . . .TwoBrothersBusa — 07:03 PM
Howdy
Here are some pics posted by a member. . . .dbarkdoll — 06:22 PM
First oil change
I like the intake sound, whether air . . .SportsterDoc — 06:15 PM
CB1100 Compilation Video
I don't think this one's been posted. . . .activedirt — 06:12 PM