Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A problem for men...
FUZZY Offline
Running Like a Top

Houston,TX.
RE: A problem for men...
(07-21-2013 08:44 AM)Buffalohead Wrote:  I already have a set of Rox 2" risers ready to go (part# 1R-P2SSN). My friend has a set on his CB1100 and he thinks they're great. They make a bigger difference than you'd think. I think the bike looks better too.

Did these risers do ok with stock lines/cables?
07-21-2013 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buffalohead Offline
Running Like a Top

Oklahoma
(07-21-2013 09:00 AM)FUZZY Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 08:44 AM)Buffalohead Wrote:  I already have a set of Rox 2" risers ready to go (part# 1R-P2SSN). My friend has a set on his CB1100 and he thinks they're great. They make a bigger difference than you'd think. I think the bike looks better too.

Yes, they work fine but there is no extra length. Be sure to loosen everything including the throttle assembly. Then cut all zip ties. Zip tie everything back after you've tightened it all back up. Whoever designed these Rox risers is really clever.
BTW, I also have a set on my Suzuki TU250X. The reason they are so good is because they are universal and fit practically everything, as long as you get the right size for your handlebars. The CB1100 and the Suzuki TU250X are both 7/8".
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 11:33 AM by Buffalohead.)
07-21-2013 11:04 AM
FUZZY Offline
Running Like a Top

Houston,TX.
(07-21-2013 11:04 AM)Buffalohead Wrote:  

Yes, they work fine but there is no extra length. Be sure to loosen everything including the throttle assembly. Then cut all zip ties. Zip tie everything back after you've tightened it all back up. Whoever designed these Rox risers is really clever.
BTW, I also have a set on my Suzuki TU250X. The reason they are so good is because they are universal and fit practically everything, as long as you get the right size for your handlebars. The CB1100 and the Suzuki TU250X are both 7/8".

Cool! I was just mainly concerned with brake line. I have 1" now & it's pretty tight.
07-21-2013 11:42 AM
Nano Tech Offline
Break-In Period

Naperville , IL
(07-20-2013 06:48 PM)mrhonda1987 Wrote:  Put simply, after a good 20 miles or so at 55 to 60 mph, my testes are as numb as Hayden Christensen in the new Star Wars movies. My old CB750 caused the same issue, and the seat was much softer on that than the new CB1100. I'm thinking that the 919 would have the same problem, except for the nice forward lean. Any ideas to counteract the numbness? Am I the only one whose manhood feels like its iced down after a ride?

Sir ,
Please change your seat to a more cushiony one . I think That will also change your posture, will provide you more comfort and it will absorb some of the vibrations from the bike that is causing the problem .....

Cheers!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 02:44 PM by Nano Tech.)
07-21-2013 12:15 PM
Buffalohead Offline
Running Like a Top

Oklahoma
(07-21-2013 11:42 AM)FUZZY Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 11:04 AM)Buffalohead Wrote:  

Cool! I was just mainly concerned with brake line. I have 1" now & it's pretty tight.

I watched my friend install them on his CB and it works great but as I said, there is no extra length left over.
07-21-2013 12:21 PM
CA200 Offline
High Mileage

Madison Wi.
I have tried the gel pads and the Airhawk pad. They just don't do it for me even though I sold a lot of them when I was in Biss.
and people liked them. Even though my friends call me velcro butt they just move around to much for me.
07-21-2013 01:54 PM
Yoyodyne Offline
1st Service Completed

Wisconsin
This may not address the OP's specific problem, but wearing bicycling shorts underneath your riding pants makes a huge difference in comfort. Briefs will tend to bunch up and bind when you are moving around in the saddle.
07-21-2013 02:07 PM
Jayimpalaman Offline
1st Service Completed

Rossville, Ga.
(07-20-2013 08:51 PM)Buffalohead Wrote:  What you need is a Russell custom seat! http://www.russellproducts.com You will just love it! Jayimpalaman.... God bless
Maybe motorcycle seats should be designed with a slight "dip" at the front of the seat. I suppose a seat could be altered and recovered to prevent such a problem and relieve pressure on the crotch. It might make a difference, especially for long rides. I'm also wondering if an enlarged prostate could have something to do with it on some men. It pushes from the other direction and can be uncomfortable. It's a common problem with older men.

(07-20-2013 08:51 PM)Jim21680 Wrote:  Do you wear boxers, boxer briefs, or tighty-whities? I usually wear regular boxers most of the time, but on longer rides, I try to wear boxer briefs. They seems to keep things in place a little better. If you haven't tried them yet, you should pick up a few pairs of silk briefs that feel oh-so-nice Smile

I was surprised 2 days ago when my Dr. told me to go back to the titie whities (actually, I have a drawer full of titie blackies). He said it's better on "the boys" if they don't flop around and are more snuggly protected and held in place. Who would have thought?
07-21-2013 06:06 PM
mrhonda1987 Offline
Break-In Period

Clarion, IA
Airhawk R ordered. If nothing else, I can use it on any bike that I might need it on, 1100 or otherwise. I'll report back.
07-21-2013 11:50 PM
furious_blue Offline
Running Like a Top

(07-21-2013 02:07 PM)Yoyodyne Wrote:  This may not address the OP's specific problem, but wearing bicycling shorts underneath your riding pants makes a huge difference in comfort. Briefs will tend to bunch up and bind when you are moving around in the saddle.

I second this.. I've found that it's not the hardness of the seat (if it were then no one could be spending entire days riding a road bicycle with an unpadded seat especially with a hard seat nose sticking right where you'd think that it'd be hurting the most, but people do), it's 'where the stuff is' (and that any critical nerves aren't getting pressured).

I've done weeks of consecutive 8-14 hour days on a motorcycle, both feet forward cruisers and lean a little forward sport tour sitting positions without any problems. Wore spandex/nylon bicycle shorts on these trips. Did they actually prevent any numbness or pain problems ? Don't know, but I never experienced a problem doing it this way.
07-22-2013 05:08 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
Today's weather (same system as PB) was . . .GoldOxide — 03:10 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Talk about dreaming of owning somethin . . .GoldOxide — 03:09 PM
Todays weather