Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3rd Anniversary - Time Flies
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
3rd Anniversary - Time Flies
Hey All,

Just a quick note to mention that this forum was officially launched three years ago today. Thanks to everyone who shows up here and makes this an enjoyable place to hang out. We've grown considerably since that first day when two people signed up (RIP OldF7Guy). In essence, this forum has truly become a part of my overall CB1100 ownership experience. That's pretty cool as far as I'm concerned.

Despite the growth, the spirit of this forum has remained remarkably consistent. Speaking of which, special thanks to The ferret who keeps things running smoothly around here. (it's got to be special thanks because there isn't enough regular thanks to express how grateful I am for his help) He is basically the inline four that makes this place go.

I wish everyone safe riding out on the roads so that you might enjoy yet another year of the comradery offered by this forum

All the best,
Guth

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
04-13-2016 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
RE: 3rd Anniversary - Time Flies
Hey Guth

Entirely because you started this forum, I have:

* signed up for an internet forum;
* made a whole load of new (virtual) mates;
* met Pterodactyl and been led a merry dance along some of the back roads of south-east Australia;
* spent a small fortune to travel half way around the world to meet and ride a motorcycle in the USA with some of my virtual mates on their CB1100s;
* spent way too much time on the Internet browsing this forum—my wife calls it my internet dating site; and
* heaven knows what else.

So, thanks heaps!
04-13-2016 02:44 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
Time certainly does fly when you're having fun.
It's been just over two years since I bought my CB and joined this band of merry men.
Although I can only ride six months every year, and don't have that much to contribute, I thoroughly enjoy the camaraderie, civility, good humor and the free exchange of information of this forum. As Cormanus said, through the magic of the internet I'm now acquainted with mates all over the world Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Thank you Guth and Ferret for all your efforts on our behalf Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
04-13-2016 02:58 AM
Rick Froscheiser Offline
High Mileage

Tooele, Ut USA
My how time flies. I have to agree. Thanks for letting me join in. I have learned a lot and seen great pictures from all over the world here. Thanks Guth!

2013 CB1100
HD 45 Flathead
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2016 03:40 AM by Rick Froscheiser.)
04-13-2016 03:39 AM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
Thanks and congratulations, Guth.

You have brought people together from all over the globe and that is something.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
04-13-2016 04:42 AM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Wow, had it on my calendar to mention this today. Hard to believe it's been 3 years. What a good time it has been. A great membership who project care, generosity, knowledge, experience, and camaraderie. Good people, and I thank you all for that. Who says internet forums have to be snippy, profane and degrading? Like the CB 1100 we all love, our membership is likewise civilized and gentlemanly.

Do you realize of the first 10 members to join, 50% are still active and posting daily 3 years later? and it would be 60% if OldF7guy were still with us. Unheard of in the internet world where people buy, join a forum, sell, buy another, join another forum. 2773 members from 20 something countries. Incredible.

We are about to have our second rally down in Bland, VA under the guidance of Inhouse Bob. Awesome, can't wait. Hope many of you can make it.

I think the black 14's are bringing in a younger crowd. New blood, new attitudes. Wonder if we will see any 15's or more likely 16 CB1100s?

Special thanks to Guth, who had the foresight to get this thing up and running (although I should be cussing him, without this forum I'd have a lot more time to ride) and thanks also to the membership, without you guys there wouldn't be a forum, and you've made this one, one of the best on the net.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CB1100FORUM.COM

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2016 05:07 AM by The ferret.)
04-13-2016 05:00 AM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
Ferret, those two photos bring back many happy memories. Hard to believe it was nearly a year ago. Time really does fly when you're having fun and agree that this is the friendliest, most civil forum that I have ever been a part of. Splendid character of the folks here makes that possible.

Looking forward to the Virginia Rally.The ferret

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
04-13-2016 05:13 AM
4 Paws Offline
High Mileage

MM 199 on BRP (Fancy Gap VA)
Thanks folks. I appreciate your efforts.
Like the positive attitudes and especially find the "how to" sections quite helpful.

Best thing I learned from my dog: “Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride". Dan D.
04-13-2016 06:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nemo Offline
High Mileage

Jacksonville, FL
Excited HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FORUM!! Celebrate

Guth, Ferret Thanks

N

“It is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil."
EmptySea

#BLACKBIKESMATTER
04-13-2016 08:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ron in MO Offline
Running Like a Top

O'Fallon, MO (St Louis)
Congratulations on the anniversary of this great forum. It has to be one of the best forums out there with lots of great members and ideas. The "How To's" have been very helpful and all you guys keep coming up with improvements to keep our wallets empty and our wive's jealous! My many thanks to Guth and Ferret for creating such a great place!

2013 CB1100, DLX Exhaust with Over Racing Mufflers, Road Comet Fairing, Corbin Seat, plus many other personalization upgrades. Cool
04-13-2016 08:10 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM
I don't know about that... they're easy . . .Gone in 60 — 03:50 PM