Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of these new Boots?
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
RE: What do you think of these new Boots?
I've always preferred the extra protection afforded by what we call ADV boots. Those you have are not the most radical design but seem to have all the features you'd want. The boots Guth depicts are just about right for an all-round touring and everyday boot. The high shin guard is a most excellent thing; I do prefer a little thicker sole, but on my GS I have the caged footpegs with "teeth" so on the CB's rubber pegs, that's not really necessary.

I have a way serious pair I got in 2000, BMW brand, I believe they were made by SIDI. Very tall shin guard, very thick soles and ankle protectors on both inside/outside. I don't really trust those little plastic fasteners so I had my cobbler put on buckle fasteners. Hardly wear them any more, though, I have some older SIDI ADV/crossover boots that serve well.

Generally the Sedici boots are pretty good, I have two pairs of their race boot which are holding up very well. The fit of the Sedici is very good for my foot, better even than Alpinestars. As far as quality I don't think you need be concerned. Good choice there. If nothing else they look neat.
06-17-2016 06:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nemo Offline
High Mileage

Jacksonville, FL
For my first pair of true motorcycle boots in April I bought a pair of the SIDI FAST RAIN BOOTS. Very nice protection but not full height and waterproof. Require serious breaking-in but they are much better now. I'd prefer them to be a little wider, though.

Before I used non-safety toe chukkas (Rockport) or Merrell hiking boots. I've only been riding since January last year so my contribution is really worth $0.02, thus YMMV.

Edited to add: Ride4Now, your new boots look badazz!

N

“It is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil."
EmptySea

#BLACKBIKESMATTER
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2016 11:33 AM by The ferret.)
06-17-2016 07:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
Super looking boots ride4now. I haven't had true motorcycle boots in over 40 years because I've not found any brand wide enough for my duck-like feet. There are some custom brands that will make boots in my size (8 1/2 EEE) but they're too expensive in my estimation. I wear Bates service style boots with the zippered sides, very water resistant with the only fault being lack of extra ankle protection that true riding boots usually have.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
06-17-2016 07:24 AM
Capo Offline
High Mileage

Sea Girt, New Jersey USA
What do you think of these new Boots?
Those look good and certainly ample protection. I recently picked up a pair of Bates Adrenaline mid- boots from Revzilla, and very happy with them. Useful for days where you'll be walking and off the bike a lot, or wearing to work, without need to change. Waterproof too. Boots are an often overlooked part of riding kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more CB, but a GB.
Triumphs and Ducatis.
A Norton, MV, and Morini 175.
Probably others.
06-19-2016 04:50 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts