Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another Florida member
LoneWoof Offline
1st Service Completed

Florida, USA
RE: Another Florida member
Great looking bike! It's a twin to mine (minus ABS). While you were sleeping in yesterday, I was in Ft. Pierce having breakfast at Dave's Diner, out on the island. Lunch at Archies? Great place. Enjoy.
05-01-2016 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silver90 Offline
1st Service Completed

Florida
Welcome to the forum from NW Florida. Let me know if you're headed this way anytime.

2014 Honda CB1100 Std. Black
05-01-2016 02:15 PM
ride4now Offline
High Mileage

Florida / Georgia USA
Welcome from Treasure Island!!! You found a great bike and a great forum!

β€˜22 BMW R1250 GSA
β€˜14 Honda CB1100 DLX
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
β€˜70 Kawasaki H1 500
05-01-2016 02:54 PM
Nemo Offline
High Mileage

Jacksonville, FL
(05-01-2016 06:15 AM)The ferret Wrote:  what does '64 (or in nemo's case '65) refer to? Age? Birth year? High School graduating class year? Year you started riding motorcycles?

64 referred to having a case of midlife crisis thus I inferred he must be in the first half of his 50's, as am I.

N

β€œIt is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil."
EmptySea

#BLACKBIKESMATTER
05-01-2016 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
ok I still don't understand. You can explain it to me at the rally lol

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
05-01-2016 06:19 PM
'64 Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Florida
Thanks everyone -again- for the warm welcome. Since I'm a newbie in the use of the forum I'm not sure if the proper thing will be to answer to some questions separately via private message or just do a combined message. I will try the second option, and hope that the moderators will be merciful with my choice. Confused

Mr. Ferret - As accurately pointed out by Mr. Nemo, '64 goes for my birth year. A couple of summers ago, when I turned 50, a good old friend that I know from kinder garden -Imagine that!!- sent me a keychain with the number 64, and I could not think of a better use for it than the CB1100 key, then the forum name came naturally just after Big Grin

Mr. Popgun - Thank you for the information about the "problematic" case guards and the fairings. I will keep searching through the forum files to find out more about them, in any case your warning about "the wallet guard" is certainly priceless. Undecided

Mr. LoneWoof - I believe we are the closest forum members in FL since I'm in Jupiter, just a merely 30 minutes from Stuart. I might have even met your CB1100 already, if it is the same one that was for sale a while ago at Florida Sports Cycle & ATV. It looked really nice and certainly catch my attention at the time. Unfortunately, it was gone the next week... Sad

Mr. Nemo - I read your post "Nemo's 14 Black One" about your one-at-a-time changes and, wow, congratulations on your very outstanding bike, however I cannot forget the morale of your story: "This place is not a good influence on my weak soul". Warning acknowledged! Undecided

And finally I have a question about an issue, that for sure affects everybody in a hot and humid environment (such as Florida). What is the best way to prevent any corrosion on the metal and maintain the beautiful look of the CB1100? Is there any particular product to treat any existing corrosion and prevent it from happening? Thanks in advance for your help.
05-01-2016 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
ahh now I understand! thanks. Us old dogs ('50 per your vernacular) sometimes have trouble understanding hip talk. lol

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
05-01-2016 06:29 PM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
(05-01-2016 06:25 PM)64 Wrote:  And finally I have a question about an issue, that for sure affects everybody in a hot and humid environment (such as Florida). What is the best way to prevent any corrosion on the metal and maintain the beautiful look of the CB1100? Is there any particular product to treat any existing corrosion and prevent it from happening? Thanks in advance for your help.

I was having some minor corrosion problems on the triple clamps and upper fork tubes. ACF-50 put a stop to it. Amazon has it, a little costly but it works.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
05-01-2016 06:31 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
(05-01-2016 06:25 PM)64 Wrote:  Thanks everyone -again- for the warm welcome. Since I'm a newbie in the use of the forum I'm not sure if the proper thing will be to answer to some questions separately via private message or just do a combined message. I will try the second option, and hope that the moderators will be merciful with my choice. Confused

It's just my opinion, I guess, but it's better to answer questions on the open forum if possible as, aside from sharing information, I suspect we're here for the conversation. That doesn't go far if we can't hear it.
05-02-2016 01:13 AM
curlyjoe Offline
High Mileage

Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum,'64! Thumbs Up

Your bike looks great!

2013 CB1100 ABS
2008 ST1300
05-02-2016 02:41 AM