Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pedrosa to Yamaha?
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
RE: Pedrosa to Yamaha?
(05-05-2016 12:47 PM)The ferret Wrote:  BTW I'm a Hayden fan too (only reason I am watching WSBK this season), just don't think Pedrosa deserves the vitriol he gets from people. I think he is one of the classier guys in MotoGP, quiet, unassuming, just mounts up and rides and is a very good rider. I 've never found him to be demanding or a drama queen.

Thumbs Up

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
05-05-2016 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hondahawkrider Offline
Running Like a Top

Maryland
(05-05-2016 01:38 PM)CB4ME Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 12:47 PM)The ferret Wrote:  BTW I'm a Hayden fan too (only reason I am watching WSBK this season), just don't think Pedrosa deserves the vitriol he gets from people. I think he is one of the classier guys in MotoGP, quiet, unassuming, just mounts up and rides and is a very good rider. I 've never found him to be demanding or a drama queen.

Thumbs Up

Sry can't agree... (I thought I was clean with my post ferret, sry it I wasn't)

Remember that Hayden's championship season went down to the last race.. Had Hayden finished even down a spot from where Danielle took him out he would have cliched it before the last race

It's my recollection that Hayden had settled down making sure to finish and Danielle passed him on the high side of a banked turn and then lowssided taking em both out

[u]'13 cb1100[/u] came with black grab rails, headlight & side covers, hagofuku front/rear fenders, and cats eye blinkers.[u]Added by me[/u]: Staintune Slip-on, Moriwaki sliders, Sport Trunk Seat, Lucas black taillight
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 03:15 PM by Hondahawkrider.)
05-05-2016 03:15 PM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
The Hayden, Pedrosa incident happened, if memory serves me right, in Pedrosa's first season in Motogp. He matured quickly as a rider after that and I don't recall him being involved in many if any other such incidents. His character and class showed recently after taking out Dovisioso, he was there to apologize to Dovi and his crew.

I don't recall Pedrosa ever being the crew leader at Repsol in the purest sense. He was overshadowed by Stoner and now by Marquez. I think Pedrosa would have no problem with being on the Yamaha team with Rossi and as said before, Pedrosa and the Yamaha would be a better fit than the Honda considering his smooth riding style. I hope he makes the switch and wins a world championship before age takes him out of the game.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
05-05-2016 03:48 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Hondahawkrider...Here it is, judge for yourself..36-.38 on the film. You watch it and tell me if it looked like a risky move (and if you think it was, you don't watch much MotoGP racing). Dani went to pass Hayden on the inside with plenty of room, lost the front end and down he went. The bike then slid into Hayden. Purely an accidental racing incident that happens in nearly every race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-JQMvladU

The 2006 season was a strange one. 7 riders won races and 5 riders I think won 2 or more races including Hayden and Pedrosa. Rossi won 5 races, but broke down 3 times, coming back from a 51 point deficit to lead going into the last couple of rounds. Rossi was beaten in Portugal by rookie Elias by .002 seconds which cost him 5 points, he was also beaten in Great Britain by Pedrosa costing him another 5 points, and he fell in the last race. Had Rossi won either of those 2 races, or managed to stay on his wheels at Valencia, he, not Hayden, would have been world Champion. But championships are determined by points no matter who breaks down, who falls down and who gets knocked down, and all those things happen to all riders at one time or another. All those things befall a racer. In 2006 it just worked out that Hayden's luck, (even if he did get knocked down), was better than Rossi's luck, and therefore in 2006 Hayden won the Championship that year and not Rossi.

Here these 3 images covering 2 seconds on the track. Hayden high on track, leading Pedrosa slightly lower on track, yellow rider low on track (I think it was Roberts Jr, can't remember)

Pedrosa goes to cut inside Hayden but loses front end and starts to go down

Pedrosa is completely horizontal on the ground and has not yet slid into Hayden

Does this look like a move that warrants 10 years of hatred of the guy? If it had been anyone but Hayden NO ONE (particularly Americans) would have even cared. Just another racing incident on a GP motorcycle track.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 04:50 PM by The ferret.)
05-05-2016 04:16 PM
Hondahawkrider Offline
Running Like a Top

Maryland
<snip>
Does this look like a move that warrants 10 years of hatred of the guy? If it had been anyone but Hayden NO ONE would have even cared. just another racing incident on a GP motorcycle track.

Yep..

I had the crash wrong.. Dani was on the inside not the outside,
My bad...

The circumstances around that crash should freaking haunt him till he retires.. To me it was THE defining moment to his career.

In any premiere league there is always a primary and secondary team member.. They say they are supposed to race, but periodically one rider/diver will get the word not to mess with the other. You can race, but don't risk damage or going off course.. Especially if the other driver/rider is in the points..

The only time drivers/rider ignore this is when egos get in the way.. In F1 Vettle ignored orders a few times to not risk the car.. He got away with it as at the time he was a 3-4 time consecutive world champion depending when he did it.. Plus he didn't wreck..

Whether or not Dani was pushing too hard and washed out the front that way or had a brain fart. He knows better or should to not risk a team mate. He was what a 125 and two times in a row 250 champion..

After the crash. There were a number of vids that surfaced where Dani (admittedly they were translated and were before he got his GP ride) is shown saying that he thought that to make it in GP that you should come up thru the ranks is the lower classes first before making to the big time.. It's a common theme in gp and f1 where Europeans don't think Americans measure up to the same level..

I'll be the first to say that in that year. Hayden got lucky..while he didn't win a lot, he fished consistently high enough to win. As you said, it's about points. If Rossi hadn't of broken a few time earlier, or fell off on the last race. It could have been quite different.. That said, the last person you should be expecting to take you out, is your freaking teammate..

I get that Dani was young and has gotten better about shooting off his mouth. He's since had his chance.. I know that he's pretty much finished in the top 3 in points for pretty much his career (tho I think he's dropped a few in the last 3 years)and has finished 2nd at least twice.. One of which I remember him being on a tear win after win, but then crashed a bunch.. He's a good rider, but like Biaggi he can't hold it together enough To win..

I root against Dani like I root against the Yankees.. Doesn't matter who wins, as long as they don't.. Dani never fails to disappoint.. The Yankees however... well often annoy me

/rant off

[u]'13 cb1100[/u] came with black grab rails, headlight & side covers, hagofuku front/rear fenders, and cats eye blinkers.[u]Added by me[/u]: Staintune Slip-on, Moriwaki sliders, Sport Trunk Seat, Lucas black taillight
05-05-2016 05:51 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
"That said, the last person you should be expecting to take you out, is your freaking teammate.."

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

Guess I have just never had it in me to hate someone for something they didn't mean to do (especially for 10 years) and especially on a race track competing for a World Championship. Guess you hate Marquez cause he took out Pedrosa and causing him to break his collarbone (team mates btw), or Iannone cause he took out Dovisioso (team mates btw) or Simoncelli cause he took out everybody team mate or not? It happens. I would venture to guess at one time every rider has accidentally taken out someone else. There are reckless and dangerous take outs like Simoncelli used to pull, and there are accidental take outs like the Pedrosa/Hayden one..

and again, the crash had no bearing on the outcome of the season. Whether Hayden would have won it in the next to the last race, or won it in the last race, he still won it.

Ok done talking about this.

and why would you so vehemently hate the Yankees? ..on second thought, never mind. Doesn't matter. Lol

Defender of the Realm
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 06:24 PM by The ferret.)
05-05-2016 06:13 PM
Hondahawkrider Offline
Running Like a Top

Maryland
Don't have a heart attack....

Ok, Hayden won, but at the time it wasn't a forgone conclusion at the time. I was po'd. What can I say, I'm loyal to who I root for...thankfully it turned out ok..

Ok, maybe I was in conflict when Marquez took out Dani.. Again don't take out you team mate, but since it was Dani.....I also wasn't rooting for Marquez at the time.. But I will admit that I might have said "karma's a beotch" when Dani went down.. I felt bad when he was hurt, ala collarbone, tho... I don't like seeing anyone hurt, but it happens..

But, I'll let it drop...

We can talk about something less controversial..

So what do do think about Hillary Clinton being the next president...

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 07:13 PM by The ferret.)
05-05-2016 07:08 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Lol I'm not going to have a heart attack. Relax, I'm sitting here smiling, it's all good. I do find it interesting what makes people tick and respond to different things. I don't always understand, but I try to.

Yea, we are NOT getting into politics here. At least MotoGP is motorcycle related lol

Defender of the Realm
05-05-2016 07:19 PM
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
Wow, I better go back to the ZX-10R forum where folks are calm about things...

That crud that happens on the racetrack is far beyond the ken of folks who have not spent a lot of time on the track themselves. A lot of money is at stake. Riders become very fatigued toward the end of an event. Tires overheat. Even a slight mistake at those speeds and lean angles can have disastrous results. No one wants to crash, and everyone wants to win.

And once again, there are no team mates. All those great images of camaraderie are per the contract and per MotoGP/FIM requirements. Once those guys get out on the track they are all going for the win.
05-05-2016 07:25 PM
Hondahawkrider Offline
Running Like a Top

Maryland
Eh, better yet, head over to the klr forum... Those guys are nutz.

I've spent a lot time around the track, dad raced cars, I've done cars and bikes (club level).. I get that $ is involved and getting caught up while out on the track..

Slight OT..I used to do track days on a Ktm supermoto vs sportbikes on the smaller tracks.. I got into with a cbr600rr once who I guess got po'd at me. He'd own me on the short straights, but I'd reel him in the turns. Rinse/repeat. I thought it was great fun, right up til it wasn't. The guy delbrately started blocking my lines into the tuns coming off a straight and continued to get more and more aggressive about it as I kept getting by him in the turns. At some point I'm coming outta a turn and I'm showing him a wheel on the inside earlier than usual, as I'm now pushing hard. However, just as we both come outta the turn he's got a slower rider in his line. I had a inkling that frozen cashews (numb nuts) here might be too caught up to back off, so I do.. He doesn't realize I've backed off, tries to squeak by the slower rider on the outside, hits the edge of the track and wipes out. The added bonus was since I slowed up, his bike spun back on to the track right at me and I barely got by... Shudder... The fun part was that after the fact that frozen cashews blamed me.. That if he wasnt trying so hard to by a "dirt bike" he wouldn't have wrecked.... Riiiiiight, it was all my fault.. NOT..

Some folks are never gonna own up to their own mistakes ..

05-05-2016 09:00 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
I literally, yesterday, put on a T32. br . . .m in sc — 07:52 AM
2021 Guzzi V7 Special
TooSlo, you really dig in this forum t . . .TooSlo — 07:17 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100