Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Full delete of PAIR valve.
kmoney Offline
High Mileage

Vancouver, BC
Full delete of PAIR valve.
When doing my valves today, I decided to do a full delete of my PAIR valve. I personally always didn't like the cluster of hoses at the front of the engine and would catch them out of the corner of my eye all the time.

The full delete is pretty simple. You just need to remove the gas tank. Remove all the PAIR hoses and cover all three hose inlets with Bypass Caps. I removed the valve itself and planned on plugging the connector with a resistor; however, just leaving it disconnected hasn't thrown a code yet so...

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016 10:39 PM by kmoney.)
05-26-2016 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EarsOnWheels Offline
Running Like a Top

DC
RE: Full delete of PAIR valve.
What is the purpose of the PAIR valve? Any risk to removing? Is the delete just for visual effect?
05-27-2016 05:42 AM
kennyw Offline
High Mileage

Gold Bar
The purpose is to inject clean air into the exhaust to promote burning of any fuel that didn't burn in the combustion chamber. This reduces emissions.

KennyW
05-27-2016 06:23 AM
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
EOW, the reason most people do the pair valve mod is to stop the popping they hear when they change to an aftermarket exhaust.

Here is the original pair valve mod how to : http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1824

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2016 07:28 AM by Lord Popgun.)
05-27-2016 07:28 AM
kmoney Offline
High Mileage

Vancouver, BC
Yes. I should have mentioned that. I have a full exhaust that popped on decel until I did the original PAIR mod. This just completes it more.
05-27-2016 08:59 AM
R748 Offline
1st Service Completed

'Straylia
Just like to add a few details to help others who may be keen:

1. I confirm that my (frankly embarrassing) popping on decel with the 4-4 system has now almost gone.
2. You will need 2 x 13mm (half inch) blanking caps (also known as radiator caps). This is the entire cost of the job Smile
3. There are 3 hoses as noted above. All of them pull off by hand and a pair of pliers is helpful.
4. The front 2 hoses attach to the pair valve and engine.
5. The third longer hose attaches to the airbox. You will need to take off the right hand side panel, remove airbox cover, remove airfilter and stick your hand in the hole. Just up on the right you'll feel the round hole which connects to the hose. I blanked this off with some rubber and high-temp silicon. I suppose tape or a rubber plug would be just as good.
6. I didn't remove the tank however, I did raise it at the front and insert a rolled up towel to keep it in position. I used a small strap over the tank to secure it "just in case".
7. I also removed the valve and simply cable-tied the connector up under the tank with a bit of electrical tape over the end of it.

Beers !
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 03:57 PM by R748.)
07-09-2017 03:54 PM
beardyweirdy@me.com Offline
Running Like a Top

London
Thanks Kmoney and R748,
Just checking Valve clearances and thought why have I still got this thing on after blocking it off ages ago. Really didn't want to put it back on but thought It would be a can of worms with throwing codes etc... Apparently not ;-)

Love this forum!
02-10-2018 04:46 AM
Luge Offline
Break-In Period

Spring Hill, TN. USA
(05-26-2016 10:38 PM)kmoney Wrote:  When doing my valves today, I decided to do a full delete of my PAIR valve. I personally always didn't like the cluster of hoses at the front of the engine and would catch them out of the corner of my eye all the time.

The full delete is pretty simple. You just need to remove the gas tank. Remove all the PAIR hoses and cover all three hose inlets with Bypass Caps. I removed the valve itself and planned on plugging the connector with a resistor; however, just leaving it disconnected hasn't thrown a code yet so...

Hello Kmoney, I know this is a old post, But I was curious if those Bypass caps are still holding up? I used some on a new Honda XR 650 R back in 2007. After a year or so, I was riding down the road and the end of the cap came out causing a very strange sound out of the single cylinder XR, I guess the heat caused the rubber cap to break down, I ended up getting a block off plate for the XR, no such plate for the CB 1100
03-29-2018 05:29 PM
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
Maybe there is a plate available: https://japan.webike.net/products/23121452.html

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
03-29-2018 06:32 PM
Luge Offline
Break-In Period

Spring Hill, TN. USA
(03-29-2018 06:32 PM)popgun Wrote:  Maybe there is a plate available: https://japan.webike.net/products/23121452.html

Thank you very much for the link!..I was not aware of those, from the photos on the site, those plates look like they go under the existing covers, longer bolts may be needed, and the hoses are still attached for a illusion of all emission controls intact???..I think for me it will be easier to block it off at the airbox, I hate to break the seal on those covers just yet, I bought the bike new in December of 2017... Its 2014 std. I only have 88 miles on the bike, Its been a weird winter here in TN and my ride time has been limited, Yosh RSCV is on order.
03-29-2018 07:14 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In th . . .Gone in 60 — 02:26 PM
Good story, Ferret. I had something sim . . .peterbaron — 02:10 PM