Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gauging interest for a 2017 WESTERN CB Rally
kvdv Offline
1st Service Completed

U.S.
RE: Gauging interest for a 2017 WESTERN CB Rally
Frulk - I love the idea and the suggested location. I would totally make room for this in my calendar. The wife may wish to tag along on her Indian Scout if that's ok Smile
- Karl
06-09-2016 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frulk Offline
High Mileage

Utah
KvDv: if this rally happens I don't see anybody taking issue with the means of propulsion that a member choses to get here. I have a number of friends that ride other brands and one or more may just choose to come along...anything from a Guzzi to a Vespa, Harley, Burgman, Triumph, BMW etc. could show up in that crowd of misfits. An Indian would fit right in. Besides, the name and marque has a pedigree that's long and storied and the bike itself would probably spark numerous extended discussions running anywhere from why Indian saw fit to sell it minus RLETS to what would happen if we took off the radiator and ran it without it.
06-09-2016 07:15 PM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
It seems to me that having both a Western Regional Rally and an Eastern Regional Rally makes a lot of sense. I hope you disciples of Horace Greeley are able to pull this off.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
06-09-2016 07:53 PM
kvdv Offline
1st Service Completed

U.S.
(06-09-2016 07:15 PM)Frulk Wrote:  KvDv: if this rally happens I don't see anybody taking issue with the means of propulsion that a member choses to get here. I have a number of friends that ride other brands and one or more may just choose to come along...anything from a Guzzi to a Vespa, Harley, Burgman, Triumph, BMW etc. could show up in that crowd of misfits. An Indian would fit right in. Besides, the name and marque has a pedigree that's long and storied and the bike itself would probably spark numerous extended discussions running anywhere from why Indian saw fit to sell it minus RLETS to what would happen if we took off the radiator and ran it without it.

I was more concerned about the wife part than the Scout part... just kidding, of course, just in case she reads this! Smile
Seriously, though...we both rode together last year on Hwy 12 and also a loop through the Sawtooth Mountains. Stunningly beautiful country.
06-09-2016 08:05 PM
Frulk Offline
High Mileage

Utah
I'll be heading through Gibbonsville on the 29th of this month and will be staying at the Broken Arrow for one night. I'll get the lay of the land and discuss reservations with them for the August 2017 time frame and see what they have to say about availability during that month for campsites (if any events are planned and so forth). I'm thinking Friday through Sunday with arrivals starting on Thursday and departures either Sunday or Monday...with core riding days being Friday/Saturday...there are a couple of loop options, Lolo Pass would be a there and back proposition, and several non-ride attractions worth visiting...Big Hole Nat Battlefield is pretty close by. Phillipsburg on the Pindler Scenic Loop. Trout fishing is an option off the bike on several streams up there. I might actually do that for a couple of hours (its a cross I have to bear). I'll take some pics and post up the info when I get back home. Seems like we have maybe 5-10 interested and if that's the case as we get closer I'm willing to pick up the stick and coordinate this. If the EASTERN Rally has 30+ some change show up then 5-15 for the WESTERN is a good turn out.
06-09-2016 08:22 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Gauging interest for a 2017 WESTERN CB Rally
Frulk, it wasn't clear from your OP whether you are aware it's up to you to insert yourself on the members map. Apologies if you were.
06-09-2016 08:36 PM
Frulk Offline
High Mileage

Utah
Cormanus, I knew It was up to the individual....just been dragging my feet after reading a couple of posts about technical issues folks had.
06-09-2016 08:39 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Fair enough..
06-09-2016 08:41 PM
husky385 Offline
1st Service Completed

Eugene Oregon
Some where around the the 20th of August would suite me. I wouldn't mind turning 66 on a Rally.Thumbs Up
Kevin
06-09-2016 08:52 PM
Frulk Offline
High Mileage

Utah
Also, I know I could PM this to Guth, Ferret and Cormanus but it's prob best to put it out there for those folks contemplating going so there's no confusion. This is NOT an officially sponsored or sanctioned "CB 1100 Forum" event. I have not cleared this through our site moderators or Forum founder. I'm not representing the forum or claiming any affiliation or endorsement from it during this "rally". Its not intended to compete with the 2017 Rally currently being planned by other forum members. It's to give those of us on this forum out west that can't make a 3500+ mile round trip an option to visit with each other and put a face with many of the names we already know. I envision this to be a small get together of CB riders from a few western states to share some camaraderie, discuss the bikes, and share some top notch road time and world class scenery. Afterwards, hopefully some of us will post pics and threads on seat time and other topics that will contribute to enhancing the already overall high quality of this site.

(06-09-2016 08:52 PM)husky385 Wrote:  Some where around the the 20th of August would suite me. I wouldn't mind turning 66 on a Rally.Thumbs Up
Kevin

Kevin, we will keep that in mind. Lots of things to nail down yet but usually the 2-3 weeks before Labor Day are good times to do these kind of things as folks are getting ready to get the kids back in school and saving themselves for the last big hurrah of the summer.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 09:15 PM by Frulk.)
06-09-2016 09:03 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM