Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using the Classified section
'64 Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Florida
Using the Classified section
This past week I used again the For Sale/WTB/For Trade section of the Forum. It was not my first time, since April when I got my CB1100, I have been buying most of the accessories pre-owned from other members of the Forum. And every single time the contact was fast and courteous, the transaction was easy and the item arrived in perfect condition, pretty much like brand new. I don't know how it worked for other members but in my case it's always been an A+ experience. Maybe I was just lucky, but even if is a very repeated mantra on this site, I guess it's worth saying once again what a great group of individuals signed for this CB community.Thumbs Up

So, kDiqq (Service Manual), SUPERCRUZ (Comet Fairing), Nemo (Tail Bag), modmaster (Side Covers) and ss2wheels (Custom Seat), thank you all for taking great care of your equipment Worship, and also helping me saving some $$.Big Grin

Finally, a picture of the bike with the latest additions, especially for Popgun, who wanted to see that custom seat.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2016 08:04 PM by '64.)
07-29-2016 07:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Using the Classified section
There are many good people on this site, you have dealt with just a few. BIke looks great!

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
07-29-2016 08:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
I'm glad to hear that your experiences have all been positive. Your CB is looking good.

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
07-29-2016 09:40 PM
zippooriginal Offline
1st Service Completed

Deming, NM
[quote=''64' pid='144414' dateline='1469847272']
This past week I used again the For Sale/WTB/For Trade section of the Forum. It was not my first time, since April when I got my CB1100, I have been buying most of the accessories pre-owned from other members of the Forum. And every single time the contact was fast and courteous, the transaction was easy and the item arrived in perfect condition, pretty much like brand new. I don't know how it worked for other members but in my case it's always been an A+ experience. Maybe I was just lucky, but even if is a very repeated mantra on this site, I guess it's worth saying once again what a great group of individuals signed for this CB community.Thumbs Up

So, kDiqq (Service Manual), SUPERCRUZ (Comet Fairing), Nemo (Tail Bag), modmaster (Side Covers) and ss2wheels (Custom Seat), thank you all for taking great care of your equipment Worship, and also helping me saving some $$.Big Grin

Finally, a picture of the bike with the latest additions, especially for Popgun, who wanted to see that custom seat.

Man, thanks for your post. As a new CB owner you've made mods that I've ordered for my bike. I'm really interested in the seat, I love it. Could you post the model designation and where you got it from? I want one for my CB. Thanks.
07-29-2016 11:11 PM
'64 Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Florida
(07-29-2016 11:11 PM)zippooriginal Wrote:  I'm really interested in the seat, I love it. Could you post the model designation and where you got it from? I want one for my CB. Thanks.

Hi zippooriginal,
I'm glad you like my bike! Regarding the seat, unfortunately there is not much for me to tell you, since it was ss2wheels (Steve) from Myrtle Beach, SC, the one who had it custom made. For what he mentioned it was done by a local upholsterer following his indications. I haven't had time to really test how comfortable it is -I doubt that it can be worse than the original seat-, and in my opinion, is a nice looking seat. Since I'm also a "compact size" guy (5'5") it helps me to keep both feet well planted Wink.
If you need additional information about the upholsterer, I suggest to contact Steve directly with a PM. If you want more detailed pictures and accurate dimensions, please let me know and I will get them to you.

On the meantime, here are some other pictures of the seat (Popgun must be happy now Big Grin).
07-30-2016 04:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
Thanks for posting '64. Like Zippo I really like that seat!

Your bike looks really great with the mods you did. I am partial to Road Comets though Smile

If you have light leaking around the headlight that bothers you, there is a Chip Beck fix for that in the How-To section fo the forum. I did it slightly different than Chip, but his fix is a good starting point as he has great ideas.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
07-30-2016 04:26 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Your bike looks great '64. Nice work.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 08:01 PM by Cormanus.)
07-30-2016 08:01 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Brake Pads... Simplified
I bought all my pads from my Honda deale . . .peterbaron — 12:21 AM
Brake Pads... Simplified
i think those come from the same fac . . .Yata-Garasu — 10:28 PM
ALERT: A tired and weary forum.