Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Oregon, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, etc
Flynrider Offline
Been There

Phoenix, AZ
RE: Oregon, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, etc
Excellent trip report, Pdedse! I've been following along all the way. I've been wandering the back roads of the west for many decades and it was great to see a lot of familiar sights.

I didn't have time for a big road trip this summer, but you've definitely got me looking forward to next year. Thanks!

Phoenix, AZ
2013 CB1100 - Big Red
1993 CB750 Nighthawk - Tahitian Blue
09-25-2016 06:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(09-25-2016 04:41 PM)pdedse Wrote:  
(09-25-2016 08:50 AM)The ferret Wrote:  ...Glad everything went well and you arrived home safely.... I was riding down the road and said to myself "this thing is so tiny". I'm only 5'6".... I can't imagine being 6'4" and riding one. It has to feel like a mini bike.

Anyhow, thanks again for the great report. I enjoyed it immensly. The pics and narration were all outstanding.

Thanks, Ferret, glad to know that you enjoy the road reports, I cetainly do. Clarification, you thought the cb1100 was tiny or the other bike you were riding?

The CB. I found it ironic that you climbed off the CB and thought the KLR was small and squirrley (at least that's what I took away from your statement) and I climbed off the ST and climbed on the CB and the CB felt small and squirrley to me.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 03:49 AM by The ferret.)
09-26-2016 03:49 AM
pdedse Offline
Been There

Oregon
(09-26-2016 03:49 AM)The ferret Wrote:  ...

The CB. I found it ironic that you climbed off the CB and thought the KLR was small and squirrley (at least that's what I took away from your statement) and I climbed off the ST and climbed on the CB and the CB felt small and squirrley to me.

Got it. I think the KLR felt more thin and squirrley, because it has a 35" seat height...I just got so used to the CB feeling after the trip that made the KLR feel like a new bike to me even though I've had it for 8,9 years and have ridden it bunches. It's fun to have a couple different rides.

(09-25-2016 06:04 PM)Flynrider Wrote:  Excellent trip report, Pdedse! I've been following along all the way. I've been wandering the back roads of the west for many decades and it was great to see a lot of familiar sights.

I didn't have time for a big road trip this summer, but you've definitely got me looking forward to next year. Thanks!

Thanks much Flynrider...I hope you have the chance to do get that road trip in next summer...and post pics! I don't know the right half of the U.S. very well, but the left side has some amazing places to ride.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 08:16 AM by pdedse.)
09-26-2016 08:13 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM