Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Protection from the waist down
CIP57 Offline
High Mileage

NY & NC
Protection from the waist down
The best protection is leather, jean,mesh and all other products will move once you hit the ground.

Dainese Alien Pants are the most comfortable street leather I have ever worn. They also come in a short for those of us with a 29"-30" inseam. They can be worn inside or outside of your favorite boots.

I returned four pants ( Revzilla ) before buying these a few years ago. If you get uncomfortable in the saddle after 1-2 hours these will double your comfort time. There are no seams where your butt meets the seat and are all day comfort. They are breathable and much more cooler than a pair of kevlar jeans. They do not get damp on those hot humid days.

These have come down in price $350ish if you can find them in your size. Theses will last for years without stretching, never need to be washed, just wipe them down with a damp cloth. There lined with a soft material, put on a pair of underwear and slide in and your good to go.

Buy a pair and try them on, you can return them for a full refund, but you won't, there's no break-in time there comfortable as soon as you put them onThumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Q0e53A9eI

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/dainese-alien-pants/

1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 04:18 AM by CIP57.)
08-28-2016 04:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
postoak Offline
Running Like a Top

The Woodlands, Texas
RE: Protection from the waist down
At that price, I don't think they'll ever become popular, and I am less price-sensitive than most. I have a leather jacket and leather pants (Bild) that were about $300 total.

2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
Candy Red
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 04:58 AM by postoak.)
08-28-2016 04:52 AM
CIP57 Offline
High Mileage

NY & NC
(08-28-2016 04:52 AM)postoak Wrote:  At that price, I don't think they'll ever become popular, and I am less price-sensitive than most. I have a leather jacket and leather pants (Bild) that were about $300 total.

I agree, there is a price point people are comfortable with, If you want function and fit it cost a bit more.

1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
08-28-2016 05:13 AM
uscgmac Offline
Running Like a Top

Long Island N.Y.
I honestly don't see too many people wearing these while riding on a CB1100. Maybe if they were on a full super sport or track bike. I think the Kevlar jeans are more popular but yes they are heavy and do get hot but much more stylish

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 CB1100
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
08-28-2016 07:18 AM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
I'd wear them. I'd even pay the $300. Problem is that despite size charts to the contrary, Dianese gear does not fit me. They run small in the waist and the length. Their jackets are worse. High quality and good looking gear, though, and maybe if I lost a little weight...but how do I lose height?

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
08-28-2016 07:29 AM
LongRanger Offline
Been There

Evergreen, CO
I'm still wearing an 11-year old pair of BMW StreetGuard II pants, and they're holding up well. They were $550. Completely waterproof (Gore-Tex), fully armored, insulated, nicely tailored, and extremely comfortable. My previous AGV leather pants (and Hein-Gericke leather jacket) were great and stylish, but I get caught in too many rainstorms in the Rockies and don't like dealing with rain gear. Now, with my Klim Gore-Tex jacket and Sidi Gore-Tex boots, I'm good to go in any weather.

Ride more. Worry less. Tongue
‘12 BMW R1200R Classic
'15 BMW R1200RT
08-28-2016 08:40 AM
PowerDubs Offline
Road Warrior

NWNJ
I have both a Dainese jacket and pants. The model is Cruiser. They are targeted for less of a sportbike look and fit, hence the cruiser name. They have ventilation that you can zip open and close, as well as 2 removable liners- a water proof one and a cold weather liner.

Pants video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbs-zqen6es

Jacket video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGAgAr5YDh4

104whp / 75wtq ... for now.
08-28-2016 04:24 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
(08-28-2016 07:29 AM)EmptySea Wrote:  I'd wear them. I'd even pay the $300. Problem is that despite size charts to the contrary, Dianese gear does not fit me. They run small in the waist and the length. Their jackets are worse. High quality and good looking gear, though, and maybe if I lost a little weight...but how do I lose height?

I've been giving this a bit of thought during the day. If the problem is the height to weight ratio and Dainese make gear that would fit a taller MTC with the same sized waist, you could try an old-fashioned rack to stretch you out into the next size. Cool

Don't mention it. Tongue
08-29-2016 12:19 AM
AzBob Offline
Running Like a Top

Chandler, AZ, USA
(08-28-2016 04:52 AM)postoak Wrote:  At that price, I don't think they'll ever become popular, and I am less price-sensitive than most. I have a leather jacket and leather pants (Bild) that were about $300 total.

Everyone has their breaking point, but personally, I've never seen a jacket or pants that would actually protect your person in an impact or slide at 60+mph that cost less than about $400 each.

Currently, I wear the Dainese D-Explorer Jacket, and if I'm on a motorcycle trip, I also have the matching pants. I don't wear the pants on the commute. I should, but the changing in the morning/evening and storage during the day are too much of a daily burden.

2008 CBR1000RR (for sale)
2013 CB1100
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
08-29-2016 08:03 AM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
(08-29-2016 12:19 AM)Cormanus Wrote:  
(08-28-2016 07:29 AM)EmptySea Wrote:  I'd wear them. I'd even pay the $300. Problem is that despite size charts to the contrary, Dianese gear does not fit me. They run small in the waist and the length. Their jackets are worse. High quality and good looking gear, though, and maybe if I lost a little weight...but how do I lose height?

I've been giving this a bit of thought during the day. If the problem is the height to weight ratio and Dainese make gear that would fit a taller MTC with the same sized waist, you could try an old-fashioned rack to stretch you out into the next size. Cool

Don't mention it. Tongue

I've seen those things. The last thing I need is to have something strapped around my neck in close proximity to my wife. She's still mad that I was late for dinner after riding Route66 with Paul last Saturday.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
08-29-2016 08:09 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100