Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from the Pacific N. Wet.
el duque Offline
1st Service Completed

Seattle
RE: Hello from the Pacific N. Wet.
(10-18-2016 08:59 PM)Elipten Wrote:  Do not be confused by slotted ring for speedometer as indication of ABS.
Do your homework.

Thanks for the heads up on the slotted ring / abs as not maybe an indication of abs. I will be doing my homework!

Quote:I was born and raised in Seattle... living in SUNNY Southern California since 1975.
I have a 2014 Deluxe with ABS; love it!
Tink, I did a switch. I was raised in Sunny Califa (anaheim) and migrated north since 73' been here since 84'
I do miss the "sunny" part but not the traffic. That said Seattle is gettin like SoCal. So damn fine riding just outside of town here and on the east side of the Cascades.

Quote:Both of the CL bikes look to be in excellent condition. The '13 has a corbin seat and does not have ABS (no slotted ring on front wheel). The VIN number (1589) is not in our registry.

A 6th gear isn't necessary for me since I don't spend a lot of time riding on freeways. At 70 mph I'm at 4000 rpm so with a 6th gear the rpm will be a bit lower and you may get a bit better gas mileage on freeways. The '14 models also have a gear position indicator and some additional fuel related data, like distance to empty and average/current mpg.

The white CBs were not imported to the USA. The '13 models only came in with the red tank and gray side covers. The '14 standard came in all black (USA) while the '14 deluxe came with red tank and red side covers.

That answers a lot Thanks. I still want a white one Tongue
Ok well maybe I could get by with a 13' red w/gray side covers. I might back track on the abs too. My dollar justification quotient will go up with the sale of my 83 and 80 Goldwings. Let's just say I have more $ into them than they seem to be worth. I'm keeping the naked 78. I will miss the big dog 83 GL but it is getting too darn heavy to move around. Once it gets going tho.....its smooooooth! Looking forward to a lighter bike.

Are there other bikes in this category that ya'll considered before you pulled the lever on the CB?
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 06:26 AM by The ferret.)
10-19-2016 05:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kennyw Offline
High Mileage

Gold Bar
Welcome, I think you will find every other bike we considered before the CB fell short.

The quickest way to tell if a 13 has ABS is to look for the tone ring on the front wheel. All ABS bikes have them, all non-ABS bikes do not.

I found the ABS to be worth the extra expense in Seattle when I was commuting to the UW campus during the fall and winter months. They are out there but they are rare compared to non-ABS bikes. If you stick with ABS, you can have any color you want as long as it is red (or you repaint it).

I may head up to Backfire tonight if the rain holds off long enough.

Oh, I've taken my 13 on a 4000 mile road trip and never missed 6th gear except the days I was running on the interstate at 85-90 mph. Anything below 70 mph 6th gear isn't needed.

There is a 2014 deluxe for sale in the classifieds down in FL. You will find that they hold the value better than any others and they are harder to find.

KennyW
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 06:22 AM by kennyw.)
10-19-2016 06:16 AM
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
If there is a pulser ring on the front wheel it has ABS otherwise not.

You can make a bike white. You can buy the tank and what not from Samurider. Ridem32 did just that. Then if you want, you can sell the tank and side covers and get some of your money back.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
10-19-2016 06:27 AM
Rick Froscheiser Offline
High Mileage

Tooele, Ut USA
Welcome. Good luck finding the CB you are looking for.
Ride safe my friend.

2013 CB1100
HD 45 Flathead
10-19-2016 06:22 PM
pdedse Offline
Been There

Oregon
If you want new, I believe you're looking at buying a '14 standard...color option would be black. I purchased mine for $7940 in Jan, Beaverton, OR (no taxes, no setup). If you want red, then it's either a used DLX '14 and it will have ABS, or a '13 red in color. Both '14 models have 6 gears. If you buy a used '13 color option is red only. There may still be some new '13? but I haven't seen any in the OR/WA area. Of course, you could wait to see if the '17 versions are heading towards the States. I think some have bought the '14 standard (no ABS) new for as low as 7400 or 7500. A while back there was was for sale in OK for 7k. It seems the '14 DLX (with ABS) options are only going to be used, prices seem to be no lower than 9k.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 08:53 PM by pdedse.)
10-19-2016 08:51 PM
kennyw Offline
High Mileage

Gold Bar
Lake city power sports is selling new 2014 standards for $8000 plus tax. Ride motorsports is at $8500 plus tax. But you can beat those prices if you shop around or can haggle.

KennyW
10-20-2016 06:34 AM
el duque Offline
1st Service Completed

Seattle
so was there only 13' and 14' brought to the US?

$7.5-8k that's a big drop from list no?

I'm thinkin the retro market got over done....triumph bonneville anyone?

Those things are everywhere. I looked at some. They felt like toys to me. Then again I'm used to GL's

I'm just guessing but the used market seems flat right now. I see the same bikes over and over on CL.

I stopped in at a local Harley dealer just for giggles - it was raining! The guy there said the big dog touring bikes with the new less vibey motor are flyin out the door.

I would be buying used. I might wait a bit - middle of winter is coming up.

pdedse: that is a killer deal. bad part for me buying in OR as soon as I pay to register it here I get slapped with a 9.5% sales tax. No state tax here so I guess its fair ha ha haExcited
10-20-2016 06:51 AM
Ron in MO Offline
Running Like a Top

O'Fallon, MO (St Louis)
Welcome to the forum, el duque and good luck with your search! A lot of 2013 owners, like myself, have swapped their front chain sprocket to a 19T cog which lowers the engine speed at highway speed and still offers good low speed performance.

Also if you are cost conscious, the 2014 Deluxe models with ABS are still commanding a high price, if you can find one. Most are still around the $10K range, where you can pick up a lightly used 2013 for around $6K. Although you get a lot of extra goodies (4 into 2 exhaust, ABS, slightly bigger gas tank, 6th gear, new instrumentation including gear indicator, etc...).

2013 CB1100, DLX Exhaust with Over Racing Mufflers, Road Comet Fairing, Corbin Seat, plus many other personalization upgrades. Cool
10-20-2016 06:55 AM
pdedse Offline
Been There

Oregon
(10-20-2016 06:51 AM)el duque Wrote:  so was there only 13' and 14' brought to the US?

True.

(10-20-2016 06:51 AM)el duque Wrote:  $7.5-8k that's a big drop from list no?
I've always thought the CB1100 was a bit overpriced at MSRP...but I think that about all new bikes I guess. The price I paid seemed more in line with my personal reality

(10-20-2016 06:51 AM)el duque Wrote:  I would be buying used. I might wait a bit - middle of winter is coming up.
I remember a '14 standard (black) sold in your area for around $5900 back in March (CL owner said price was firm). It had 2k miles on it. For under 6000. It looked like it was in perfect condition. If you can stand non-ABS, that's a really good price.
10-20-2016 09:03 AM
el duque Offline
1st Service Completed

Seattle
I could prob. do without the abs but it would be nice.

Maybe one will show up used.

Anyone have a grip on the motorcycle reasons as opposed to life reasons for selling these good looking motos?..

I know sometimes it seems right in the beginning then not long down the road the bike is too big, too small, no power, wrong color etc. etc.

Not the same as can't afford the payments, wife / girlfriend ultimatums, motorcycling is not my thing ....

What does insurance go for on these? I know coverages will vary but ball park.

thanks for the discussion / info.
10-20-2016 06:59 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
Nah, just routine - catch, flip on back . . .Gone in 60 — 10:13 AM
Did you administer your cats a sleeping . . .peterbaron — 10:04 AM
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my . . .Gone in 60 — 09:44 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
This explains why I liked the T32s then. . . .misterprofessionality — 08:52 AM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Rode the Yami over to a friends bike sho . . .Charlie Bravo — 08:29 AM
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974