Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
job completed 17 inch conversion
beardyweirdy@me.com Offline
Running Like a Top

London
RE: job completed 17 inch conversion
(10-28-2016 04:20 PM)rmack Wrote:  
(10-28-2016 03:57 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  Thanks Rmack, that's a lovely list. Those Over swing arms are very tempting. But with the pound where it is right now, Japanese parts have gone from painful to just un-thinkable. Half the weight tho!

I totally get where your coming from, my bike has been transformed since it shed a load of weight. It's almost flickable, who'd have thought it.

Thanks for the details, it's given me a few ideas for round two of the CB's diet...

How do you like the Andreani fork Cartridges?

Dodge that divorce... Cost a whole lot more than Japanese bling ;-)

hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advice

the cartridges are worth the dough tried racetech emulators whilst good value for what they cost just not enough for the end result i was chasing but with the cartridges more then i had hoped for

yep the yen is not great ,missed the boat there as when i first got the cb the price landed here for the swingarm was 1450 aud

try 12mm drop on the front forks and 20 to 25 up on the rear providing you have decent shocks and some improvement on the forks it transforms the way the bike tips in etc have spent a lot of time with many different combos

I dropped 12mm down on the forks and on the brief ride after, I reckon your right. Feels more nimble and wants to turn. I'll give it a proper run in time...

I checked out those andreani cartridge kits, they are still a pretty penny, even tho. they are european. If my boat comes in or I need to strip the forks at any point in the future then I'll consider it. I did say I wouldn't throw a load of money at a bike again.... but then who am I kidding.
10-30-2016 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rmack Offline
1st Service Completed

australia
(10-30-2016 08:08 AM)chync Wrote:  Curious if you think the 5.5 inch rear wheel would have had clearance with the standard swingarm. I'm thinking of switching to 17" wheels as well.
No problem with clearance im using the original swing arm , chain gaurd bracket will need a slight tweak

(10-30-2016 04:33 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  
(10-28-2016 04:20 PM)rmack Wrote:  
(10-28-2016 03:57 PM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  Thanks Rmack, that's a lovely list. Those Over swing arms are very tempting. But with the pound where it is right now, Japanese parts have gone from painful to just un-thinkable. Half the weight tho!

I totally get where your coming from, my bike has been transformed since it shed a load of weight. It's almost flickable, who'd have thought it.

Thanks for the details, it's given me a few ideas for round two of the CB's diet...

How do you like the Andreani fork Cartridges?

Dodge that divorce... Cost a whole lot more than Japanese bling ;-)

hey thats true re the divorce so will take your advice

the cartridges are worth the dough tried racetech emulators whilst good value for what they cost just not enough for the end result i was chasing but with the cartridges more then i had hoped for

yep the yen is not great ,missed the boat there as when i first got the cb the price landed here for the swingarm was 1450 aud

try 12mm drop on the front forks and 20 to 25 up on the rear providing you have decent shocks and some improvement on the forks it transforms the way the bike tips in etc have spent a lot of time with many different combos

I dropped 12mm down on the forks and on the brief ride after, I reckon your right. Feels more nimble and wants to turn. I'll give it a proper run in time...

I checked out those andreani cartridge kits, they are still a pretty penny, even tho. they are european. If my boat comes in or I need to strip the forks at any point in the future then I'll consider it. I did say I wouldn't throw a load of money at a bike again.... but then who am I kidding.

Glad to hear that it worked for you, dont let me put you of the emulators they were very good im just hopeless when it comes to my bike and money ,if you put the time into them and get the right setup you will be happy with the result

I can give all the settings that were the end result of a lot of trial and error will save you time and hassal if interested cheers rod
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2016 03:26 AM by rmack.)
10-31-2016 03:20 AM
chync Offline
Running Like a Top

Charlotte North Carolina
How much weight have you been able to take off the bike with your mods?

And are you racing it or just having fun?
02-14-2017 10:12 AM
rmack Offline
1st Service Completed

australia
(02-14-2017 10:12 AM)chync Wrote:  How much weight have you been able to take off the bike with your mods?

And are you racing it or just having fun?

Confident that its lost 30 kgs have weight for front need someone to help lift rear onto scales will let you know
Having fun and doing first t rack day this Saturday bit excited see how it goes
02-15-2017 02:33 AM
chync Offline
Running Like a Top

Charlotte North Carolina
job completed 17 inch conversion
I would love to hear how your track day went. I have been making some similar mods to mine. 17" wheels are on order. I just setup power commander and will take it to a shop with a dyno soon. Have you had your ecu flashed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017 08:35 AM by chync.)
02-19-2017 08:34 AM
CB Cycles Offline
Break-In Period

Dallas Texas USA
Very sharp looking wheel conversion.
02-24-2017 09:57 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
This Jacket Doesn't Exist...
Fun stuff, Gone. Thanks for sharing.Nachodaddy — 04:20 PM
2024 East Coast Rally - Official Thread
Hmmmmm, if only you knew someone in the . . .The A-man — 03:18 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Great work restoring it, m in sc. Forum . . .Cormanus — 02:48 PM
Yeah, but blood turns dark brown when it . . .Gone in 60 — 02:26 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
It can be satisfying watching the evolut . . .GoldOxide — 02:10 PM
Red is good. Doesn't show blood as easi . . .GoldOxide — 02:08 PM
Maybe I'll ride the 710 miles down on Sa . . .EmptySea — 12:05 PM
Folks: I just heard back from the Comfo . . .The A-man — 11:35 AM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,990