Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Loop
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
The Loop
A couple of times a week, when the weather is bad, or I am pressed for time, mainly after watching Grandchildren on Fridays, or anytime I just feel like a pleasurable 1 hour or so ride,I will ride what I call "The Loop". The curves start 7/10 of a mile from my driveway. From my house and back again," The Loop" (yellow highlighted route) is 36 miles of curves and elevation changes. Nothing too technical and almost all the curves can be taken at or near posted speed limits on dry roads, with the exception of one little section or two. I can either shorten or extend the loop by taking any number of roads that bisect the loop (most common alterations are the red lines on the map)." The Loop" also includes "My Road" ( Rt 743) a road I am particularly fond of and a blast to ride. Changing the direction of travel on the loop makes it seem like two completely different loops.

Great place to ride a motorcycle!

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 11:41 AM by The ferret.)
12-06-2016 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
RE: The Loop
Love it Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
12-06-2016 09:08 AM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
I was there!! Great pics and map.

One thing though... When you title a thread "The Loop", Chicagoans think of something a bit different. Here's what a Chicagoan might post:

The Loop

Five times a week, when the weather is bad or good, a good number of my friends take a less than pleasurable 1 hour or so ride, usually by train, to what we call "The Loop". The Loop is bounded on the north and west by the Chicago River, on the east by Lake Michigan, and on the south by Roosevelt Road, although the commercial core has expanded into adjacent community areas. From my house and back again," The Loop" (shown on the map) is about 20 miles of stop lights or traffic congestion. Nothing too technical and almost all the curves can be taken at or near posted speed limits on dry roads, just be sure to avoid the red-light camera. "The Loop" is generally a terrible place to ride a motorcycle, unless you're a courier when your maneuverability might outweigh your invisibility. Although, early on a Saturday or Sunday morning, when the traffic is light enough, it can be a delightful change of pace from a ride in the country.

"The Loop"

Some motorcycle pics from "The Loop"

LOL ROFL Beer The ferret

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 10:49 AM by EmptySea.)
12-06-2016 10:46 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
ROFL I think I rather prefer my loop to that one going by your description of the Chicago loop Sea

Defender of the Realm
12-06-2016 11:21 AM
cooldrum Offline
Running Like a Top

Portland,Oregon
Ferret, I like your loop. Less traffic than the Chicago loop and so close to your home. Looks like you had a dusting of snow? 39 degrees here, maybe some snow tomorrow. Russ
12-06-2016 12:22 PM
pdedse Offline
Been There

Oregon
Lovely curves and it's so close to home, so that looks like a nice "walk around the block". I've got more country roads than I can shake a stick at and lots through forests, so, being from the midwest I look for the straight, wide-open areas--Marine Drive along the Columbia River in the Portland, OR area.
12-06-2016 12:22 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(12-06-2016 12:22 PM)cooldrum Wrote:  Ferret, I like your loop. Less traffic than the Chicago loop and so close to your home. Looks like you had a dusting of snow? 39 degrees here, maybe some snow tomorrow. Russ

Russ the snow pic is from last year. WE haven't had any yet, but we should see some mild accumulation soon I would think.

(12-06-2016 12:22 PM)pdedse Wrote:  Lovely curves and it's so close to home, so that looks like a nice "walk around the block". I've got more country roads than I can shake a stick at and lots through forests, so, being from the midwest I look for the straight, wide-open areas--Marine Drive along the Columbia River in the Portland, OR area.

I don't know anyone who looks for straight roads. ROFL although I'll confess I don't mind straight roads either, as long as I am riding.

Defender of the Realm
12-06-2016 01:16 PM
4 Paws Offline
High Mileage

MM 199 on BRP (Fancy Gap VA)
I have a favorite route close to my home with similar attributes - curves, views, cows in pastures, and my favorite - a dairy with home made ice cream; when I tell my wife 'I'm going for a ride around the block' she understands and sometime grabs her helmet too.

Best thing I learned from my dog: “Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride". Dan D.
12-06-2016 06:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
curlyjoe Offline
High Mileage

Massachusetts
Nice loop ride ferret! It's great you can pull out of your driveway and start riding on such great roads.

2013 CB1100 ABS
2008 ST1300
12-07-2016 02:09 AM
Stichill Offline
Road Warrior

Northern Kentucky, USA
Enjoyed the story and pics of your Loop, ferret. Thanks for sharing!

2012 Honda CBR250RA Candy Ruby Red/Silver
12-12-2016 06:52 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974
» Forum posts: 329,749

Full Statistics

>