Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Riding Socks
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Riding Socks
(12-12-2016 06:16 PM)EmptySea Wrote:  Alpaca socks would not need to be washed at all for the duration of your trip. You could easily get by with 2 pair of socks for a 2 week trip. You'd really only need the second pair in case you stepped in something wearing the first pair. But, I'm with you on the shorts and tshirts. I still pack too much, but since moving to performance t-shirts, shorts, etc. I've significantly pared down my traveling wardrobe.

Really not wash them at all wearing them every other day for 2 weeks? Doesn't seem right but if that's true I might have to seriously look into that. There is an Alpaca ranch up the road open on Saturdays. Maybe I will swing in.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 07:37 PM by The ferret.)
12-12-2016 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
(12-12-2016 07:35 PM)The ferret Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 06:16 PM)EmptySea Wrote:  Alpaca socks would not need to be washed at all for the duration of your trip. You could easily get by with 2 pair of socks for a 2 week trip. You'd really only need the second pair in case you stepped in something wearing the first pair. But, I'm with you on the shorts and tshirts. I still pack too much, but since moving to performance t-shirts, shorts, etc. I've significantly pared down my traveling wardrobe.

Really not wash them at all wearing them every other day for 2 weeks? Doesn't seem right but if that's true I might have to seriously look into that. There is an Alpaca ranch up the road open on Saturdays. Maybe I will swing in.

Trying to find the care instructions online, but I'm telling you that I had no foot issues or smelly sock issues using essentially one pair of socks for the entire 10 day WV tour.

Nothing wrong with synthetics like you've been wearing..they are sturdy and can be rinsed and dried overnight...but I find these socks much more comfortable. Gonna dig until I find the care instructions so I can show you that i'm not just a slob who would wear dirty socks. LOL

Update: From my Alpaca guru, Sally: 1. Don't layer 2. Less washing is better. Wash when dirty 3. Hand wash in cold water with shampoo 4. Air dry.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 08:25 PM by EmptySea.)
12-12-2016 08:15 PM
mjpark Offline
Break-In Period

SE Michigan
I picked up a pair of the lighter weight alpaca socks MTC recommended and they are great! I've worn them at least a dozen times without washing and there's no smell. They are very comfortable and my feet don't overheat in them. I plan to wear them as my main riding socks during my trip to the dragon next week.

[size=small]"Now, with a hundred miles on the clock, the rider has nearly forgotten what it means to sit anywhere but on this machine." -Melissa Holbrook Pierson, [i]The Perfect Vehicle[/i][/size]
06-28-2017 06:52 AM
Nemo Offline
High Mileage

Jacksonville, FL
I've treat myself to some pairs of Stance socks.

N

“It is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil."
EmptySea

#BLACKBIKESMATTER
11-02-2017 08:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… : . . .Nachodaddy — 04:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was a . . .GoldOxide — 04:34 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was almos . . .Lord Popgun — 03:56 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… :DLord Popgun — 03:55 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
There could always be worse headlines . . .Gone in 60 — 03:10 PM
Todays weather
Today was overcast and it reached about . . .GoldOxide — 02:53 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That is very pretty! I'm a bit chal . . .GoldOxide — 02:46 PM
First time out this season now that I . . .GoldOxide — 02:43 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,992
» Forum posts: 330,381

Full Statistics

>